GLKF 2014

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mytoyz

GLKF 2014

Postby Mytoyz » Sat, Nov 09 2013, 06:27 PM

Hey guys and Gals, don't know who will be camping for the Great Lakes Kite Festival 2014, but the campground is now taking reservations and its filling up fast. We camp every year alongside folks like Adrian Conn, Jon Trennepol and many other amazing people involved in kiting. Would never do a hotel again. Anyway, hope everyone is getting some line time.

Dennis
Blue skies and Steady Winds

goestoeleven

Re: GLKF 2014

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Nov 09 2013, 07:20 PM

My quick check of the reservations system for GH SP did not allow me to select an arrival date after May 9th . . . . I wonder if it's sold out already?

swannie

Postby swannie » Sat, Nov 09 2013, 07:45 PM

My parents have a place in Holland so I'll probably stay there. I was going to offer it up as a dinner BBQ spot for one of the nights if anyone is interested. Could also sleep one or two people if anyone wanted free room and board.

... If there's interest, I'd need to run all that past the 'rents before I make it offical, but they usually don't care. :)

Mytoyz

Postby Mytoyz » Sun, Nov 10 2013, 09:16 AM

goestoeleven wrote:My quick check of the reservations system for GH SP did not allow me to select an arrival date after May 9th . . . . I wonder if it's sold out already?

6 months prior to the day of arrival. If your going say Thursday thru Sunday, you can reserve the site in the 16th. We go the whole week before. So u was able to make them Saturday night. Camp site A, everyone welcome to stop by.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Sun, Nov 10 2013, 09:51 AM

Would someone like to go in on a campsite with me? It'll only be me and possibly my son. I have a two man backpacker so I don't need a lot of room (Well I do, but I don't have a lot of stuff). I do have a few questions on the camping sites like fire rings/pits. I'm reserving the time in the family calendar now.

I didn't know the campsite was right on the beach. If the reservation system opens at midnight, I'll try to reserve it right away.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Mytoyz

Postby Mytoyz » Sun, Nov 10 2013, 11:11 AM

TMadz wrote:Would someone like to go in on a campsite with me? It'll only be me and possibly my son. I have a two man backpacker so I don't need a lot of room (Well I do, but I don't have a lot of stuff). I do have a few questions on the camping sites like fire rings/pits. I'm reserving the time in the family calendar now.

I didn't know the campsite was right on the beach. If the reservation system opens at midnight, I'll try to reserve it right away.

They don't provide rings,have to bring your own. The tent area is on the sand but not the beach. We moved up to a popup, so we are just to the west of the tent area.

Return to “Club Discussion”