Page 1 of 2

IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 10:31 AM
by Shari
:LogoRevAni:

I would like to find out if anyone would be interested in getting a new IKE shirt.
Cost is about $10 to $15 per T-shirt if I remember correctly. I will get more details when I know how many people would be interested.
Please let me know!

I need to get an order together for about a dozen shirts/sweatshirts before an order can be placed.

:thanks:

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 10:34 AM
by KiteVoice
I think I'm having a case of deja vu. :-)

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 12:23 PM
by Shari
I know since the original thread was from February I needed to make sure that everyone is still interested and/or didn't gain or lose a bunch of weight and sizes changed.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 12:36 PM
by goestoeleven
Didn't I see a thread like this before? I've gained a bunch of weight since I bought my shirt, but I'll keep wearing the same one. David, however, needs a new youth large or adult small because he's gained weight & height in the last three years :up:

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 01:02 PM
by Shari
LOL Tell David congrats on growing, you on the other hand.....

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 01:16 PM
by Mytoyz
Cost for sweatshirts?

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 01:23 PM
by goestoeleven
Shari wrote:LOL Tell David congrats on growing, you on the other hand.....


Yeah . . . I don't like most of the pictures I'm tagged in on FB . . . I need to start running again. I'll keep saying that until it happens (hopefully soon).

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 01:39 PM
by KiteVoice
Please get us a price on a hoodie (I'd problly go with XL to get more sleeve length). I might order a hoodie and another L t-shirt (in case I ever go to both days of a retreat!).

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 08:48 AM
by makatakam
One med hoodie, please.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 08:58 AM
by KiteVoice
goestoeleven wrote:
Shari wrote:LOL Tell David congrats on growing, you on the other hand.....


Yeah . . . I don't like most of the pictures I'm tagged in on FB . . . I need to start running again. I'll keep saying that until it happens (hopefully soon).


A wise personal trainer once told us, "exercise is important but 80 percent of weight loss is about what you put in your mouth." I subsequently dropped 15 pounds, merely by cutting sweets from my diet.

Cookies? What cookies?

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 01:35 PM
by Mike
Figure $10 for T-shirts, $12 for XXL and greater.
$22 for Hooded Sweatshirts

Also, you can choose ladies t-shirts from here (if you hunt around): http://virginiats.com
Figure that a Ladies T will cost around $12.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 01:38 PM
by goestoeleven
This is going to fall into the "TMI" and "off topic" categories, but here goes.

Oh, I have a diet program. It's called Nutri-Steve. I figure I know what Nutrisystem would tell me to do, so I don't need to pay them for the advice. Nutri-Steve is very simple. Drop all fried foods, (most) alcohol (which made a much bigger difference in my early 20s), and most sweets from my meals. Yogurt and/or oatmeal & fruit for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Normal dinner. No eating after dinner. Watch portion sizes - i.e. eat only half of what you get served in a restaurant. Eat way more raw veggies and fruits than I'm eating right now - i.e. no crackers or chips, only fruit for snacks (but I can have as much as I want of fruits & veggies). It's pretty easy to follow once I set my mind to it and change my daily routines. I like to couple the diet with running at the same time for a more balanced approach.

It's a 2 year project, done gradually. I'm about a year to 18 months overdue to get back on program, and my only excuse is some radical changes in my work life. It's much easier for me to follow when I'm traveling a lot as I don't have the temptations in the pantry at home, and I can run in the mornings and/or evenings without cutting into family time. However, due to some changes I haven't traveled regularly for work for an entire year, and it's not likely to change any time soon. I just have to get with the program anyway. Maybe by putting it out in public, I'll actually do something.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 02:07 PM
by Mike
goestoeleven wrote:... Maybe by putting it out in public, I'll actually do something.

Ok Steve, we're all watching you....

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 02:10 PM
by goestoeleven
Mike wrote:
goestoeleven wrote:... Maybe by putting it out in public, I'll actually do something.

Ok Steve, we're all watching you....


Key word being "Maybe" :-)

I'm a consultant. There's nothing 100% for sure :-D

That said, I feel i am close to the tipping point . . . . watch out if I fall over, I'm pretty heavy these days :-D

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 02:37 PM
by TMadz
Steve, you can always PM your Tshirt size instead of putting out for public consumption.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 02:50 PM
by goestoeleven
But I don't even need a tshirt :)

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 03:46 PM
by Mytoyz
A 2xxl hoodie please. let me know where money goes or will these be COD at a fun fly?

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 04:29 PM
by Mike
Let's do COD at a fun fly. If we don't manage to meet up, then we'll make other arrangements.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 06:35 PM
by Jeff
goestoeleven wrote:This is going to fall into the "TMI" and "off topic" categories, but here goes.

Oh, I have a diet program. It's called Nutri-Steve. I figure I know what Nutrisystem would tell me to do, so I don't need to pay them for the advice. Nutri-Steve is very simple. Drop all fried foods, (most) alcohol (which made a much bigger difference in my early 20s), and most sweets from my meals. Yogurt and/or oatmeal & fruit for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Normal dinner. No eating after dinner. Watch portion sizes - i.e. eat only half of what you get served in a restaurant. Eat way more raw veggies and fruits than I'm eating right now - i.e. no crackers or chips, only fruit for snacks (but I can have as much as I want of fruits & veggies). It's pretty easy to follow once I set my mind to it and change my daily routines. I like to couple the diet with running at the same time for a more balanced approach.

It's a 2 year project, done gradually. I'm about a year to 18 months overdue to get back on program, and my only excuse is some radical changes in my work life. It's much easier for me to follow when I'm traveling a lot as I don't have the temptations in the pantry at home, and I can run in the mornings and/or evenings without cutting into family time. However, due to some changes I haven't traveled regularly for work for an entire year, and it's not likely to change any time soon. I just have to get with the program anyway. Maybe by putting it out in public, I'll actually do something.

I did my own program last year. Just cut out bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and sugar*. Wasn't at all worried about meat, fish, veggies, whole fruit, nuts, fat or fried food. I dropped 42 pounds.

*You can never give up anything 100% completely, but ~90%+ is possible.

Re: IKE Shirt/Sweatshirt - Looking to place an order?

Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 06:44 PM
by goestoeleven
Jeff wrote:I did my own program last year. Just cut out bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and sugar*. Wasn't at all worried about meat, fish, veggies, whole fruit, nuts, fat or fried food. I dropped 42 pounds.

*You can never give up anything 100% completely, but ~90%+ is possible.


Congrats on that - it is impressive. Now I'm going to go have some pasta for dinner . . . .