KAP Water Bottle Weight Test

Kite Aerial Photography. Use this forum to discuss any and all things related to KAP
basicbill

KAP Water Bottle Weight Test

Postby basicbill » Sun, Jun 01 2014, 12:23 PM

I wanted to see if my Prism Delta had the moxie to lift a light weight KAP setup such as the Jones KAP rig. Which comes in at about 230 grams including a GoPro camera. https://flic.kr/p/dvoeuH

So after reading a good suggestion about testing, I attached a full water bottle to the 70 lb line and slowly emptied the water until the kite kept the bottle aloft. The final weight came in at 380 grams. So I believe that it should work. At least until I purchase a larger kite.

A photo from this morning's test.

P1350522.jpg
P1350522.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 854 times

Bill

Mike

Re: KAP Water Bottle Weight Test

Postby Mike » Sun, Jun 01 2014, 07:31 PM

Reminds me of the trick my Dad used to do. We'd go down to the beach and he'd put up a cheap delta on enough line so that it flew up high and almost out of sight. Then he'd attach a plastic pail to the line so that it looked like he was flying a bucket. People were amazed and would stop and ask how he could do this. He'd give them a long-winded pseudo-science-y explanation. It was pretty funny.

Can't wait to see your whole KAP rig and the photos you get.

swannie

Re: KAP Water Bottle Weight Test

Postby swannie » Sun, Jun 01 2014, 07:56 PM

Mike wrote:Reminds me of the trick my Dad used to do. We'd go down to the beach and he'd put up a cheap delta on enough line so that it flew up high and almost out of sight. Then he'd attach a plastic pail to the line so that it looked like he was flying a bucket. People were amazed and would stop and ask how he could do this. He'd give them a long-winded pseudo-science-y explanation. It was pretty funny.

Can't wait to see your whole KAP rig and the photos you get.

That's awesome. I'm totally doing that sometime.

Return to “KAP”