Critters... A Real Hobby Of Mine...

Talk about anything you want
Knoted4ever

Critters... A Real Hobby Of Mine...

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Apr 14 2007, 11:41 PM

i've had tropical fish ever since i was a kid.
A pic of the Black Angelfish in the 300 gallon aquarium that is in our living room:

A pic of Neolamprologus Daffodil and their young in a 125 gal. aquarium. i've had these for generations in our home. These are African Cichlids from the huge Rift Lakes of Africa. They are egg layers; they are a more advanced species, as not only do the adults protect the eggs and very young... but also the more elderly youth help to protect the younger broods as well! They recognize each other even in large schools; any new fish added to the aquarium, even of the same species... is killed. They are very protective of their own family group.

Parrots brightened up the skies eons before kites ever did! We used to breed macaws in the past. Now just have a few as pets. We also have dogs!

Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Re: Critters... A Real Hobby Of Mine...

Postby Mike » Sun, Apr 15 2007, 09:28 PM

I'll have to visit the Knoted4ever zoo sometime!
Beautiful collection of critters, Tom. :up:

Knoted4ever

Re: Critters... A Real Hobby Of Mine...

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:25 PM

Your welcome any time, Mike! It's definitely a place you won't forget! :mrblue:
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Not Kites”