*GIF Animator*

Talk about anything you want
Hector Herrera

*GIF Animator*

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Dec 02 2006, 05:13 PM

Not long one ago my good friend Mike, did a nice job with GIF kite, and lately I have been able
to change some of the movements. I still don't know how to make it go from one side to the other.
I guess Mike is the GURU in this matter, and you can help me.
I downloaded advanced GIF animator, wich is easy to use, but still does not say how to move the subject
from the left side to the other extreme right side and back. Do you capish Mike. Please respond
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Re: *GIF Animator*

Postby Mike » Sat, Dec 02 2006, 09:01 PM

Hi Hector,
I haven't used this program, but basically you would have to create an image that is wide, maybe 800 pixels wide. Then move the kite in each frame.
Does that help?
Give me a link to the program if you need more help

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Dec 09 2006, 09:28 PM

Mike wrote:Hi Hector,
I haven't used this program, but basically you would have to create an image that is wide, maybe 800 pixels wide. Then move the kite in each frame.
Does that help?
Give me a link to the program if you need more help

Hi Mike, please forgive me for not coming back to you on this matter. I could not up load the attachement but the name is ADGIF from creabit development
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 08:05 AM

Hector, I haven't downloaded the program, but making a gif animation is like making a flip-book--you know you take a pad of paper and draw a slightly different picture on each page and then when you flip thru the pages the picture appears to move.

You need to make a bunch of different pictures. Use the windows Paint program (Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint), or if your animation program lets you draw, use that one.
For example, make each picture 800 pixels wide and 150 pixels high.
In the first picture, have your kite all the way on the left. In the second picture have your kite a little bit to the right of where it was in the first picture. To keep things straight, name each picture something like kite01.gif, kite02.gif, etc.

After you have created and saved all the pictures, start up your animation software and load all the pictures into the program. It will combine all the pictures into one single animated gif.

The program will let you set things like how fast the animation should run, weather it should repeat over and over, etc. There should also be some way to make the background transparent, but don't worry about that part yet.

If this still doesn't make sense, send me an email (you know my email address), and I'll send you a couple examples of what I mean.

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 01:28 PM

[albumimg]206[/albumimg]

I made this with the program Hector is using, unfortunately I made it too small, have to click on the immage to view it's anamation.
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 03:08 PM

[albumimg]207[/albumimg]

This is for you Hector 8)
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 06:20 PM

Hector, I hope you don't mind me cutting up your beautiful Guatemalan Kite playing with that silly gif animation program... :oops:
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 07:10 PM

denverberry wrote:Hector, I hope you don't mind me cutting up your beautiful Guatemalan Kite playing with that silly gif animation program... :oops:

Not at all. it fact, it makes me feel allright, seen that my humble home made kite has been the played in different ways. And we keep getting more talent displayed in this forum.
Let's see who makes the best... I will allow everyone to make a gif animation with my kite, it would be very interesting to see the results!!!! :up:

and about the "fan club" hmmm...I duno... :oops:
Thank you guys. :-)
Attachments
ANIMADO.gif
Just a little adjustment MK
ANIMADO.gif (35.8 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Mon, Dec 11 2006, 03:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Dec 10 2006, 08:07 PM

Nicely done Hector.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Dec 11 2006, 09:21 AM

Cool Hector.
is there a free program out there to do this?
If you only want to do a couple of these, I could make them for you Hector and save you the cash. Just make the background square bigger, so that the text doesn't cover part of your kite and I'll take the gif and re-do it without the text. Should just take a minute with Adobe ImageReady.

(by the way, when the kite does flic-flacs, the background turns white)

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Mon, Dec 11 2006, 03:23 PM

Mike wrote:Cool Hector.
is there a free program out there to do this?
If you only want to do a couple of these, I could make them for you Hector and save you the cash. Just make the background square bigger, so that the text doesn't cover part of your kite and I'll take the gif and re-do it without the text. Should just take a minute with Adobe ImageReady.

(by the way, when the kite does flic-flacs, the background turns white)

The Advanced gif animator is a shareware but can not do the degrees I wanted. Only 45s 90's
Yes. I only want a couple. I see you use Adove ImageReady...Hmmm. 8) Those programs are expensive. (actually everything is expensive for me now days)
Check this out...

I guess not... :( It was doing the bicycle
can we upload a flash object?
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Mon, Dec 11 2006, 03:37 PM

denverberry wrote:[albumimg]207[/albumimg]

This is for you Hector 8)

DenverBerry... this is really good I like it very much. I tried to save to my personal stuff but I couldn't do it. :(
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Tue, Dec 12 2006, 12:55 AM

Hector Herrera wrote:DenverBerry... this is really good I like it very much. I tried to save to my personal stuff but I couldn't do it. :(

Hector, just go into the "album" find the pic you want to save, RIGHT click on the picture and select "save", or "save as". I just tried it to make sure it works, and it does.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Tue, Dec 12 2006, 02:19 PM

You can also make animated gif's with Corel Draw. Just draw your picture (or import it) then rotate/move/edit it in very small increments, saving the picture each time. Make the file name exactly the same but add an incrementing number to the end of it. Example...

picture1.gif
picture2.gif
picture3.gif
picture4.gif
etc...

Once each of the pictures are saved, open up corel photopaint (or other gif animation program) and then open all of the files together. Corel Draw will ask if the files are an animated gif and if you want to open them all in a movie/animation. Once opened you can then click through each frame, if satisfied save the entire movie as one file...(finishedmovie.gif) and your done.

There are a couple other free programs on the net that do help build animated gifs, the one that I really liked was Gif Animation Set. You may be able to find a free trial download, to purchase the program it usually runs around 25 bucks. It is a great program tho.

Hope this helps.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Return to “Not Kites”