Cat got EVERYBODIES tongue???!!

Talk about anything you want
Frodos Majik

Cat got EVERYBODIES tongue???!!

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Sep 25 2008, 09:49 PM

So what HUGE cat has every bodies tongue? I see bodies popping on but nobody saying anything?!

So hows the weather where u are at?
Gettting cooler but still nice around here.

Is anybody still flying now that most festivals in the area have come to an end?
Trying to find time to get out to the field before the time changes here, but the colder weather will not stop me either!

What are you dressing up as for halloween? If you are NOT TOO OLD!! :P I know I AM NOT!! :kid:
I will be going as "The Dungeon Master" been hitting the gym to beef for it too. :weight: VERY SCARY!!!! :shock:

Is everybody as sad to see the summer festivals come to an end as much as I am?
I am already counting the days till february gets here, when we will be meeting out in sunny Ca. for Kite Party and thats where it will ALL start over!!! 8) 8)

Now step up to the mike and voice your answers!!!! :up: :clap
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

brownssl

Re: Cat Got EVERYBODIES Tongue???!!

Postby brownssl » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:36 AM

I AM GOING TO IOWA ON SAT WITH JEEPSTER TO A KITE FESTIVAL IN DAVENPORT
:SLKani: shawn

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 07:10 AM

Can't afford the time to take my eyes off the trees in the backyard. The wind seem to have disappeared ... is that normal for this time of year here in the Midwest? The aviation forecast starts out with 8 mph winds for the day after next ... then changes to 4 mph for tomorrow ... then shows 1 or 2 mph for today. That has been the pattern for the last few weeks. Seems like hurricane Ike used up all the wind.

We have a new member, jgrob, who flies both dual line and quad line kites. One of the sites I fly at is next to Route 24 where he saw me flying last week. Yep, he didn't know about IKE nor about any other kite flyers in the Peoria area. Now that he's registered, you might drop him a line and talk him into introducing himself. He joined me earlier this week when the winds were just a whisper ... brought his SLE REV kite ... he flew it well, but really had to work at it. So, I let him fly my SUL kite ... he went home and ordered one ... should be delivered today. I feel slightly guilty about increasing the level of his infection ... is that a normal feeling? Backdraft seems to be elated when that happens ... is he normal?

Cheers,
Tom

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 09:26 AM

:welcome1: to the club jgrob

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 10:40 AM

Jeepster wrote: I feel slightly guilty about increasing the level of his infection ... is that a normal feeling? Backdraft seems to be elated when that happens ... is he normal?

Yes and no, but I'm not going to tell you which is which...
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:38 PM

Lynn and I fly together nearly every day for an hour or two.
Tomorrow we will tow our little Airstream to a "Collector Car and Vintage Trailer" gathering in Valley Center, CA.
Monday we will tow to San Diego and fly kites with some of the members of the San Diego Kite Club on Monday and Tuesday.
Then Wednesday we are off to an Airstream Trailer Rally at Mission Bay to attend the Blue Angels Air Show At Miramar Naval Air Station on 'Friday and Saturday.
Sunday, October 5th, we be at Seal Beach, Ca for the annual Japan/American Kite Festival where we plan to keep the sky painted with Red, White and Blue revs.

Other than that, not much going on here in sunny Southern California. :( :-) :-D
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Mike

Re: Cat got EVERYBODIES tongue???!!

Postby Mike » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 04:58 PM

I'm having a blast playing with all the kiters here at Gettysburg this week.
Here's various bits of news:

The quad pairs ballet looked pretty close to me, I haven't checked the scores.
John and Monkey vs Something Old * Something New.
I can't root for either team since I'm fond of all the folks involved. We'll know tomorrow at the awards banquet.

Zach and a few of the Chicago Fire will be at the Seal Beach festival with Jim & Lynn.

I plan on teaching an IKE fighter kite making class this winter. I hope to score some of the rare Orcon material to make them. I have a line on getting some when I'm in Lincoln City, OR in a couple weeks.

I've been talking to Dick and Sis about the Grinnell Festival next year. They plan on having a night-fly on Friday. Skip the parade and start the festival earlier on Saturday. Take a dinner break, then have the indoor fly. Then, for those who can stay around, a casual festival on Sunday.
A casual Rev team from Texas may be there too. Should be fun to fly a mega-team fly with 180GO!

That's all for now, I'm off to the banquet and auction!

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 07:46 PM

Glad to see some of us have had the nerve to step up to the mike. But I am not surprised as who were the first to do it. Now how about some of you who we have not heard from in ages?

Also it seem like every body is ignoring the questions that were posted. What up with that?
Is everybody that old to even think about halloween? :roll: :lol: JK!! I know nobody here is that old, we ALL are still playing with kids toys. :rotfl

breath on you.

-------

Ken

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 09:43 PM

NO KEN I HAVE HALLOWEN OFF FROM WORK I WILL BE OUT TRICK OR TREATING WITH MY KIDS I CANT WAIT TO GET CANDY IN MY BAG OR THEY WILL BE SORRY :evil: :evil: :evil: :rotfl :rotfl :lol: :lol: :up:

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Fri, Sep 26 2008, 10:37 PM

MaryKay and I have a rather large Halloween party each year. This year the theme is "Party Like a Rock Star". It will also be the debut of my band. I play bass guitar. Here is our play list so far. I think we are going to add Money, Play that Funky Music and Rockin in the Free World. If someone yells out Free Bird we've got that covered too. Should be fun.

Jumping Jack Flash
Taking Care of Business
Cinnamon Girl
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Long Hair Country Boy
Margaritaville
La Grange
Gimme 3 Steps
Honky Tonk Woman
Breakdown
Feel Like Making Love
Come Together
ROCK in the USA/What I Like About You

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 12:20 AM

i still fly after work now and then (for around a hour each time). Lately, the winds die down more towards evening... and that sucks a lot! Today was great! Had a blast flying in sweet winds; Tom Tock was out there too with his cool RCs!

i'll be going to work (with my handicapped students around Halloween) as the Joker... Heath Ledger style! i'll be smearing my red mouth paint in a distorted manner (to match my internal brain functionings). i also have a big, red, demonic serpent (evil-Dark Side) ventriloquist dummy that i'll be wielding... which would really scare those already (peeinyurpantz) suffering from dummyphobia! :shock:

We are looking to go to the local Police Station (this Halloween) to toilet paper the place! No one has ever done that before! There's an ordinance in Dwight outlawing toilet papering! We're hoping that they'll handcuff us up and put us behind bars! (A bunch of handicapped people in wheelchairs behind bars... now that would be a great story for the newspapers and television studios!) :mrblue:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 08:53 AM

OK, answer to the questions:
I wont be dressing up this year.
And the end of the festivals (2 more to go) will not stop me from flying.
We'll still have club flies and 180GO! practices during the winter too.
I would also like to have a couple kite building classes during the winter.

Isaac: awesome about the band. I assume Chili is in the band?

Knoted4ever: Tom, you're too funny. Be sure post a photo of the finished artwork on the police station!

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 09:13 AM

A little bit of of a hijack:
http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/aka08
has convention reports.

Look over the standings in each and comp and cheer for our local favorites to win. We find out how they did tonight.
The Gordan's will be bringing home several trophies for sure, but will Zach finally beat JB?????

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 04:48 PM

Mike wrote:I assume Chili is in the band?

Nope. Just four of us 40ish types. Realized that between us we played the necessary instruments to form a band. So, we have been getting together once a week. Major fun.

BTW I'll be flying at the Bong Rec area tomorrow from 1pm to 3pm.
Last edited by TeamTrejo on Sat, Sep 27 2008, 08:30 PM, edited 3 times in total.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 06:27 PM

TeamTrejo wrote:If someone yells out Free Bird we've got that covered too. Should be fun.

Speaking of "Free Bird" back when the rest of my non kite flying friends were still in the marrying stages, we use to do conga line to that song. Talk about a blast, watching and partaking in a DRUNKEN conga line was such a HOOT!!! Of course it had the bride and groom leading the line, so NONE of us cared what anybody else said!! Issac I also you live closer, would love to crash your halloween party. :mrgreen:

Glad to see some of us are following suit and answering my ?s. :up:

Hey Shawn what are you dressing as? How old are your kids? I want pictures!
I KNOW more of you have kids out there! Who else is taking them out to trick or treating with them? Pictures, PICTURES, Pictures MUST BE POSTED!!! As will mine. Be forewarned it WILL BE SCARY!!! :twisted: :twisted:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 08:25 PM

Knoted4ever wrote:We are looking to go to the local Police Station (this Halloween) to toilet paper the place! No one has ever done that before! There's an ordinance in Dwight outlawing toilet papering! We're hoping that they'll handcuff us up and put us behind bars! (A bunch of handicapped people in wheelchairs behind bars... now that would be a great story for the newspapers and television studios!) :mrblue:

:shock:

You wouldn't!!!

you would. i know you would.

:roll: :lol:

Nope not dressing up, but I am busy cranking out some costumes with a friend. After pouting for the last two years cause my darling children would rather have STORE bought costumes, I've finally been given back my creative license. The costumes are for a parade float. Mission Sheep, Pig and Rooster are well underway in our top secret headquarters.

The best part is my children are begging and pleading to get to wear one of MY creations again and may just have to sit on it until I decide they're worthy of my efforts again. :twisted: :wink:

The one and only time I tried to dress up for Halloween I went as a Harley Rider. The goons I was parting with were a bunch of Harley Riders and they didn't get it. Asked why I hadn't dressed for Halloween. <sigh> That was my first and final adult attempt at Halloween dress-up or to party with goons! :lol:
Last edited by Draftnik on Sat, Sep 27 2008, 08:35 PM, edited 3 times in total.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 09:13 PM

Funny story draftnik!

To continue my hijack:
I'm posting this from my touch at the banquet:
Zach beats John in ballet and precision.
The team of John and monkey win precision but lose to zach and eric in ballet.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 09:50 PM

But John is feeling pretty damn good 'cause of this very much deserved award:
http://www.aka.kite.org/?awards.shtml

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 10:06 PM

KEN I DONT KNOW YET MY KIDS ARE 5 YEARS OLD HUNTER AND HALEY THEY ARE TWINS DOUBLE TROUBLE AND IF I DONT GET ANY CANDY IN MY BAG ON HALLLOWEN I WILL HAVE TO PUT A BROWN BAG ON THERE STEPS AND LITE IT ON FIRE :evil: :evil:

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Sun, Sep 28 2008, 09:27 AM

Frodos Majik wrote:Also it seem like every body is ignoring the questions that were posted. What up with that?

Okay, I'll follow instructions ... for a little while ...

Is everybody that old to even think about halloween? - Nope, I have too much fun seeing the kids on hyper-drive. My job is at the front door handing out candy.

I know nobody here is that old, we ALL are still playing with kids toys. - Actually mine is a highly technical, patented, stress reliever. Try to worry while you're flying a kite ... can't be done! It is not a toy!

So hows the weather where u are at? - Well, it's great for RC planes, but borderline for kites.

Getting cooler but still nice around here. - I"ll be visiting the UP (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) next week where the color season will be well along.

Is anybody still flying now that most festivals in the area have come to an end? Is everybody as sad to see the summer festivals come to an end as much as I am? - The festivals end? NO! That's just an illusion ... isn't it?

Actually Shawn and I met up with Mux11 at Davenport yesterday at a kite festival. The winds were light, but flyable. And, a good time was had ... how can you not have a good time with Shawn's upbeat spirit. You should have seen the look on his face when he flew my SUL on 50 foot lines. "Wow, that's fast" was the only thing I heard from him ... then he marched down to the other end of the field to order a set for himself. If you haven't flown with Mux11, that's a treat. He's a kite festival all to himself. Honest, he used his kid's red wagon to pull everything imaginable out to the flying field. The area he parked at looked like the aftermath of an explosion at a nylon factory. Every time I looked, he had something new out to fly. Met an older guy who pulled up on his motorcycle and pulled out a 25 year old Japanese fighter kite and proceeded to fly it for an hour. It was funny how the large modern kites would float to the ground every ten minutes or so and the fighter kite stayed up for the entire time.

Oh yea, I had an opportunity to fly a Super Blast 2-4 ... it's appropriately named! Even in five mph wind, it would really pull when the kite hooked up with the wind. If you get the chance to fly one, grab it ... literally.

Cheers,
Tom
Last edited by Jeepster on Sun, Sep 28 2008, 09:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Not Kites”