IKE Log In Using Firefox

Talk about anything you want
Jim Foster

IKE Log In Using Firefox

Postby Jim Foster » Fri, Jun 20 2008, 11:12 PM

I just started using Firefox. I have no trouble logging into any of the forums, except IKE. I hit "Log In", it takes me to the log in page. I log in. Sometimes it will work. Other times it will take me back to the Forum, but not logged in. Sometimes when not logged in, I can try to "Post" and get to the Log In page. Sometime it will let me log in, other times it will not.

When I am Logged In and leave the site, when I return, sometimes I will still be logged in, other times I have to do the same little dance to get logged in.

Works first time, every time with Internet Explorer.

Any Ideas?
Last edited by Jim Foster on Fri, Jun 20 2008, 11:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Babbman

Re: IKE Log In Using Firefox

Postby Babbman » Sat, Jun 21 2008, 05:46 AM

I use firefox exclusively and log onto the board from at least 5 different computers with no problems as you describe, Jim.

The only issue I have ever have has been at work where I have 2 different internet connections. Depending on my routers load, I can be put on either connection which changes the source IP address I am coming in from. When the board sees that my address has changed, it will force me to log back in. It's kind of a pain but is the price I pay to have redundancy.

Could it be that your IP address is being changed dynamically on you by your provider? Are you running any types of security programs such as ad blockers, cookie blockers, etc?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Jun 21 2008, 01:15 PM

Chris

I do use Spy Sweeper to get rid of adware etc. I disabled that, but could not log in using Firefox. Opened up Interner Explorer. When I went to the IKE Forum, I was already logged in.

Not a big deal, I can use IE, but is just seems strange that Firefox gives me trouble at IKE and nowhere else, and not always.

One of life's little puzzles.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sat, Jun 21 2008, 01:41 PM

I use Firefox exclusively, and have not had trouble. Could be a setting or an extension. Do you have anything set to block cookies?
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Jun 21 2008, 10:29 PM

Jeff

Nothing set to block cookies.

Logged in just fine using Firefox this time. :?

Also, never any trouble with GWTW, Kitelife, Revolution or Airstream forums.

I have also deleted my shortcut to the IKE Forum and made a new one, no change.

I'm sure it must be on my end, as I have no trouble with Internet Explorer, but why no trouble with other forums?

Very, very strange.
Last edited by Jim Foster on Sat, Jun 21 2008, 10:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sun, Jun 22 2008, 07:08 AM

Jim Foster wrote:
I'm sure it must be on my end, as I have no trouble with Internet Explorer, but why no trouble with other forums?

Very, very strange.

I don't think any of the other forums are using phpbb for their forum software as we are. There is a lot of security built in to this board which could be seeing some small changes in your connection and status that other boards don't.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:07 PM

Before I went to bed last night I tried to log in and got the same old stuff.

This morning it went like a hot knife through butter.

I'm not going to worry about it. If Firefox won't let me log in, I'll just use IE.

No big deal, just one of life's little puzzles. Would be nice to know why sometimes and sometimes not though.

I am using a cable internet connection through a our own WIFI network. The cable is very fast as it is only in our retirement community area with no more than maybe 1,500 users.

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:26 AM

I think I found it.....................

I opened Firefox, went to "Tools", "Options", "Security", "Show Passwords" and found that it had my user name, but no password. I deleted the entry for IKE. Then went to the Ike Forum site Log In, and there was no user name or password. I entered them, clicked save, and have been able to Log In several times with no problem.

I thought it had to be on my end.

Just thought I would let you know. :thanks:

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jun 26 2008, 05:49 AM

hmmm, interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Thu, Jun 26 2008, 04:12 PM

The part I found interesting, is that Firefox lets you have access to, and modify, the list of sign in names and passwords. You can't change them, but you can delete them, which gives you the opportunity to start over. Internet Explorer doesn't, at least as far as I can find.

Return to “Not Kites”