COOLNESS

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Hector Herrera

COOLNESS

Postby Hector Herrera » Thu, Nov 09 2006, 07:47 PM

What I like best about Kite flying is to have my wife and three daughters with me, and to enjoy togheter the good times. Soon sometime, my daughters are gonna grow, :( and they will naturally go away, :roll:
so for right now I trully enjoy the outdoors with them, [color=red]EVEN THE BAD DAYS ARE GOOD, WHEN WE HAVE A FAMILY TOGHETHER.[/color] And what better way than to fly kites while they are around.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Re: COOLNESS

Postby Mike » Thu, Nov 09 2006, 08:43 PM

That's true. My son never got into kites, but my daughter is good with a Rev.
Every Father's day we make a picnic lunch and spend the day at a park flying lots of different kites.

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Fri, Nov 10 2006, 11:54 AM

Mike wrote:That's true. My son never got into kites, but my daughter is good with a Rev.
Every Father's day we make a picnic lunch and spend the day at a park flying lots of different kites.

After reading this with my daughters, they want to see a picture of your daughter, flying a revo. but more interested in HER. My daughter Michelle flyies a bit of dual and some with the Quads, she is 10 years old. I hope that she continues flying.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Nov 10 2006, 12:19 PM

Hector, I think there are photos of her flying on Steve's Web page.
Here's a photo of her flying in California a few years ago:

And being pulled along the ground when flying the big stack:

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Fri, Nov 17 2006, 11:09 PM

Mike, so glad you landed the pic of butt-surfing with the stack, that's great!

I love butt surfing with foils, and thank goodness for the Goodwill store!
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 06:54 AM

My daughter used to love being pulled down the field.
I actually had football shoes with cleats when I first was learning to control a 6 stack without being pulled away.
I'm more of a contol guy than butt surfer :-) I would like to buggy some day though.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 07:22 AM

Mike wrote:My daughter used to love being pulled down the field.
I actually had football shoes with cleats when I first was learning to control a 6 stack without being pulled away.
I'm more of a contol guy than butt surfer :-) I would like to buggy some day though.

I love the control but there are times that Power is my gig... I like being brought to that point of almost no return... That's why I have a Blast, Powerblast, shockwave and a couple of Ozones....

Unfortunately, since I met you guys, I haven't brought out anything other than my Rev I and 1.5's (ok, I do bring out my sonic vented on occasion).... I'm going to make sure that control is one of my virtues as I don't want to pull 6 people out of the sky...lol

I did have to give up my crummy sneakers early on though as the soles were worn shinny smooth and my jeans were getting a green butt....

As for buggying, I also want to try it and I have a standing invitation from Kent at A Wind Of Change to join him on the dry lake beds near Las Vegas for some fun....

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 09:33 AM

many years ago, I was flying a big old dual line and was pulled across a muddy field on my belly. I didn't want to lose the kite!
Rose was little girl then, and just split a gut laughing, watching me sliding thru the mud. My clothes were soaked with mud all the way thru to my skin when I walked up to Rose. She said that she made sure I was OK before she started laughing. Yeah, right.

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Nov 19 2006, 01:35 AM

He he. And it's a good idea to take off those flashy big belt buckles when you do swan-dive in the field, I've had more grass INSIDE my britches.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 02:10 PM

Apparently I should be checking the forum more often if we're talking about me. Hello everyone! I do do more than just butt surf and laugh at others doing so (I was like FIVE). I've created a (very) small following of rev fliers here at college, and we get out and fly whenever homework and weather allow. I don't know if I'm the northernmost on this forum, but its been rather on the chilly side lately. If the school part of school would only let up though, I don't think the chill would be stopping me. I'm home for a five week winter break, we'll have to be sure to have some club flys then that I'll actually be able to make it to.

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 07:01 PM

Five weeks? must be nice... My youngest daughter Maia (20) is going to school full time getting her degree in accounting, and working a 40 hour job... I just don't see how you guys do it.

Starting a Revolution at school... Nicely.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 07:20 PM

Doesn't Maia's school get time off at Xmas?
Rose doesn't have to work full time and go to school because she has a nice dad. (you know who her Dad is, right?)
I'm impressed that someone can attend college full time and work 40 hours/week. Hats off to your daughter.

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 08:20 PM

I have a *very* nice dad. I only work about ten hours a week, not counting homework, so I have time to be in music and theatre, as well as fly kites. Well, "time" is kind of a relative term...

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 08:55 PM

Oh yeah, believe me I share the burden. I cover a large part of her tuision, and books. (why are they so spendy?) I also pay her auto insurance, and she lives at home. But she's buying some kind of tank to drive all on her own, and she flies herself to Fargo to visit her B/F all the time. She's got a full plate.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 08:56 PM

Oh yeah, Maia has 6 classes right now! (OMG)
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Return to “General Discussion”