Kites on TV tonight

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Mike

Kites on TV tonight

Postby Mike » Wed, Nov 21 2007, 08:42 AM

This post is from Barbara Meyer at the AKA forum. I don't think she would mind if I reposted here.
I don't get this channel, so you guys watch it for me...

Tonight is the night! Tune in to the History Channel at 10 pm est for a new program called Monster Quest. This program explores myths and legends. Tonight they feature Birdzilla, exploring the story of a giant bird that flys coast to coast riding the thermals. Is that possible? Can you tell what size something is in the sky?
To explore this myth, Cliff Quinn built a 20 ft bird kite, After some filming in PA, the kite traveled to MN where Jerry Houk, Alex, Twyla and Barbara Meyer flew it while the film crew interviewed passerbys to find if they could judge the size.
Watch us fly the kite; watch us put the kite into a (giant) tree; watch us put the kite into a pine tree; watch us drop the kite into the lake. Oh, and recover from all, with only minor repairs needed. Whoops! Sorry Cliff.
Should be exciting.Hope you can tune in, or at least record it for later.

Barbara

Re: Kites On TV Tonight

Postby Barbara » Wed, Nov 21 2007, 02:02 PM

Thanks for posting the info, Mike. I'm just a little behind in my to-do list.
Every TV in our house is set to tape, one of them has to work!!
Barbara

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, Nov 21 2007, 03:30 PM

Got the TiVo all set.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

kiteguy

Postby kiteguy » Sat, Nov 24 2007, 12:00 AM

Only split second shots of the water/tree/nose landings! :wink: Looked like quite a challenging place for flying a big, new kite.

I enjoyed the kite making/flying segments. To bad the rest of the program was so repetitive and boring. :cry:
Do you want a new kite? Build one! Enjoy it three ways, planning, construction, flying.

Return to “General Discussion”