PIGS Aloft activities

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
KiteVoice

PIGS Aloft activities

Postby KiteVoice » Thu, Mar 06 2014, 01:09 PM

Here's a list of planned activities from PIGS Aloft, the Cincy-based club that hosted the Airwaves Kite Festival before it died. None of these are festivals, which is why I didn't put this note in the 2014 Festivals forum:

We are planning to fly kites this Sunday, March 9, in front of the Voice of America Museum from noon-5. Remember to SPRING ahead; at least the time thinks that winter should be over!

We are going to be making sled kites at Happen, Inc (4201 Hamilton Ave in Northside ) on:
Tuesday, March 18 from 4:30-6:30
Thursday, March 27 from 4:30-6:30
Saturday, April 5 from 10:00-12:00
The kite making is free on a first serve basis, for adults, families and children. We have room to make 20 kites at each session. Please join us to make a kite!

We are planning a kite fly; working on getting all our ducks in a row, permits, permission, insurance. Save some time on Saturday, April 5 to join us in the afternoon for a TBA kite fly!

Sunday, April 6 we have been invited to the Kinetic Festival in Oxford, Ohio at Millet Hall in Miami University to fly kites from 12:00-5:00 (http://oxfordkineticsfestival.org). Bring a kite and fly with us. Come and enjoy the festival!!!

Sunday, April 13 we will fly kites in front of the Voice of America Museum from noon-5:00. Help us fill the skies with color!!! We fly kites on the second Sunday of the month, weather permitting.

Saturday, April 19 we will be flying indoor kites at the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Join us from 10:00-3:00. (we'll start setting up at 9:00) Bring your indoor kite to fly or try one of ours. The museum is free.

Saturday, May 3 we will be making and flying kites at the Smeck Farm Fly-Out from 11:00-4:00. This is one of Fairfield County's historical parks (there is no potable water on site) in Lancaster, Ohio.

Sunday, May 11 bring your Mom out for a day of kite flying fun!!! We'll fly kites in front of the Voice of America Museum from noon-5:00. Join us!

Saturday, June 7 join us at Central Park for the Boone County (Kentucky) Kite Fly. We'll be flying from 12:00-3:00.

Sunday, June 8 we'll be flying kites in front of the Voice of America Museum from noon -5:00. Bring your kite and fly with us!
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

goestoeleven

Re: PIGS Aloft activities

Postby goestoeleven » Thu, Mar 06 2014, 08:48 PM

KV - That list is great, thanks for posting. I doubt my schedule will let me make any of those events, but thanks for letting us know what's up.

Return to “General Discussion”