Who's gotten AIRTIME???

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Trigger

Who's gotten AIRTIME???

Postby Trigger » Thu, Nov 15 2012, 11:05 PM

The forums have been slow lately and I was wondering who has been flying? The sun is setting a bit earlier now :cry: and those knots will surely be a bear with gloves.... but I will fly through the winter!!!

it would be nice to hear some stories. I have a couple...

well the sun seems to set quicker and it gets cold faster! I got stuck in the field with a sweatshirt on and fingers pretty numb. I also needed to move the car around the field with the headlights on to find my other kite.

Lesson 1: dress for Michigan winter and bring a small led flashlight!

The other night was about 60 degrees and I got home from work at 8pm. I had to find a place to fly and noticed the river front park had the walkway lights on. I came home and my 6yo wanted to go with me. BONDING MOMENT! When I got there the wind was about 9mph... Perfect! I could only wish for some 20ft lines and some MAD JOHN/WATTY street kiting skills. Nice lighting. perfect wind, river, railings and big cement blocks to sit on.... I gave my son my phone to take pics... he crawled on his belly up to the kite to get good angles. the potential for AWSOME pics was there but my phone has no flash....NUTS! The police showed up and made nice with me as they locked up the skate park.... I warned them that they would be seeing me around in strange places at strange times :jester:

good winds and non freezing temps!

goestoeleven

Re: Who's gotten AIRTIME???

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Nov 16 2012, 01:36 AM

. . . I'm sensing an addiction . . . .

(this is coming from the guy reading the forum at 1:35 am)

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Fri, Nov 16 2012, 07:08 AM

......I just do it socially... I can stop anytime..... really!
(Looking out the window for the slightest branch movement, scanning the sky for anything that looks like a flag and entering its gps location into my memory banks for future reference)

Yea..... like u didn't KNOW this would happen! :-)

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Fri, Nov 16 2012, 07:11 AM

Ps.... i was watching youtube videos at 1:30! I dont know if that should scare me or the video of JB dressed as a werewolf dogstaking should scare me..... who's in for internet censorship!!!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Fri, Nov 16 2012, 01:04 PM

Trigger wrote:......I just do it socially... I can stop anytime..... really!
(Looking out the window for the slightest branch movement, scanning the sky for anything that looks like a flag and entering its gps location into my memory banks for future reference)

Yea..... like u didn't KNOW this would happen! :-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ :ditto TeeHee ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ :bash: :clap

...I would tell you it subsides... But, I'd be lieing! :twisted: ...Proof that you've entered the Dark-Side! ...(and Yes, we told you so!) :shock:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Shari

Postby Shari » Fri, Nov 16 2012, 03:33 PM

We need a like button. I on the other hand have not taken the time to drop everything and fly...Till tomorrow that is. We have been remodeling the bathroom so it will be nice to get out for a bit. Looking forward to flying with anyone that can make it.
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

Return to “General Discussion”