Scaring Geese

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Babbman

Scaring Geese

Postby Babbman » Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:46 PM

On Saturday, the day of the Club Fly, since I couldn't be there, I went out in the morning for an hour or so. The wind was great, the sky was crystal clear and my vented 1.5 was really pulling. After a while, I pulled out my vented sonic. Well, the sonic makes this great buzzing noise in a good wind and here's what happened.

I launched it and as I got to the top of the window and flew across, suddenly, this cancophany of noise erupted from the east and as I looked up, every goose within a mile or so had risen into the sky and was making it's way towards me. I suppose it could have been a great coincidence but I'd rather believe that it was the noise from my sonic that stirred them.

I was quite shocked at the number of them in the air and just stood there watching them come towards me. At that point, I couldn't figure out if I should crap or go blind but I totally forgot about my camera and just started laughing, especially when they all pealed off and got the hell out of there as I raced my kite around... Let's just say that 15mph winds and greater are PERFECT for a sonic vented.... The speed is really amazing.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

denverberry

Re: Scaring Geese

Postby denverberry » Sun, Nov 19 2006, 03:44 AM

A flying goose call? Who'd'a thunk it?
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Dec 06 2006, 02:00 PM

At the Indiana Trick Clinic, we came up with a new dual-line trick called "Scooping up the Goose Treasures." :up:

While you are first learning the trick, it can get a bit messy!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sat, Dec 09 2006, 03:25 AM

Oh, :oops: Have fun with that...
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Return to “General Discussion”