Maybe A Future IKE Member?

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
goestoeleven

Maybe A Future IKE Member?

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Dec 22 2010, 11:05 PM

More kite flying today! (Apologies to those of you in cold weather this week).

Good - both kids were flying, and my daughter is learning to brake before crashing (sometimes). Actually, both kids are doing well on the kites and I'm a happy father. :up:

Not-so-good - I accidentally ran my kite into my father when I was trying to reverse launch / 180 / fly up in little to no wind . . . . and he was at exactly the wrong distance once I took a couple steps back to launch . . . and I turned the kite the wrong way . . . darn reverse flight controls . . . :oops:

And last . . . since I am a proud father . . . I have to post a couple pictures of me and my daughter flying together this afternoon. Maybe she'll come to the next club fly.

Last edited by goestoeleven on Wed, Dec 22 2010, 11:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Jynx

Re: Maybe A Future IKE Member?

Postby Jynx » Thu, Dec 23 2010, 01:15 AM

I think one of the most wonderful things about kiting is that you're on a pretty even keel with your kids... though mine out did me in no time!

Never-the-less... It gives me a chance to spend some "quality" time with them, and they seem to enjoy it as much as I do!

(My kids are in their late twenties)

How many other activities give you that? ...OK, maybe golf... thank goodness neither of my boys enjoy chasing a little white ball around in the grass, with a stick! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Re: Maybe A Future IKE Member?

Postby Mike » Thu, Dec 23 2010, 09:59 AM

Several of us get the pleasure of sharing kiting with our kids. It's very cool, thanks for posting the photos.
We'd love to meet your daughter. Now all we have to do is schedule another club fly...

Return to “General Discussion”