Can anyone do a presentation in Rockford?

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Mike

Can anyone do a presentation in Rockford?

Postby Mike » Fri, Feb 13 2009, 11:49 AM

Anyone here interested?
It doesn't sound like flying, it sounds like talking.
You might want to make kites with the kids. There's a few different designs floating around that are based on a sheet of typing paper. Let me know if you need help finding one. Ok, I just remembed one here:
http://www.koryweb.com/Paper-Kite-Instructions.pdf
But there's others too.

Hello Kite Enthusiasts,
I am planning a kite program for March 28 at one of the branches at Rockford Public Library in Rockford, IL. I am not a kite flyer myself but would like to be able to present kite flying to be as interesting and exciting as I know it can be. I was wondering if any of your members might want to donate their time on that Saturday (it's only one hour-- from 2:00-3:00pm) to make a guest appearance? Maybe he/she could bring a kite that he/she made or give a little talk about the history of kites, or anything else you might think of. I'm hoping that if it goes well this year we might be able to somehow collaborate with your group for years to come with the other branches too.

Unfortunately, working at a branch, I have a very small budget so it would have to be a donation of time. I am not offended at all if you are not interested. I completely understand; all of our time is very valuable. I don't even know if you have any members in Rockford.

However, I am also hoping that if we can set something up and the program goes well, I will be able to share your information with other branches and programmers for the spring programs next year and that we will be able to budget in a fee for years to come.

Thanks,

Emily Klonicki
Program Coordinator, Rockton Centre Branch
Rockford Public Library
Rockford, IL

EKlonicki@RockfordPublicLibrary.org

I'm emailing a link to this post to Emily at the library.
If you want to do this, post back here as well as emailing the library.
Thanks y'all!

Return to “General Discussion”