Happy Holidays!

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Mike

Happy Holidays!

Postby Mike » Fri, Dec 19 2008, 09:24 PM

Rose came home on Wednesday, and Paul just came home. So with both kids home, its really beginning to feel like Christmas around here.

Merry Christmas to all who do that holiday, and Happy Hanukkah, which starts this weekend, to those who do that one.

And Happy Spaghetti Monster to Paul Krekel!

:-D

brownssl

Re: Happy Holidays!

Postby brownssl » Fri, Dec 19 2008, 10:25 PM

MY FAMILY WILL START THE HOLIDAYS THIS WEEK END MY WIFES DAD IS HOME FROM TEXAS FOR A WEEK SO WE WILL HAVE CHRISMAS ON SAT THEN CHRISMAS EVE AT MY MOM AND DAD CHRISMAS DAY AT HOME WE WILL HAVE A BIG DINNER HERE I AM OFF WORK FOR 2 WEEKS THEY SHUT THE HOLE FACTORY DOWN WE ARE VERY SLOW MY FAMILY WISH ALLIKE HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BE SAFE :up:
:SLKani: shawn

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Dec 20 2008, 06:41 AM

After one of my busiest years, I FINALLY get some vacation time... I'm off until Jan 5th!

We're just having a normal old fashioned Christmas... Elie is going to crap when she gets the pogo stick she's been asking for... Even though I told her no friggen way... That's what cute little girls can get their daddies to do, I guess.

Everyone have a good Christmas..

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Sat, Dec 20 2008, 03:57 PM

I must add: Happy Holidays to all!
The kiting community makes the Christmas family so much fuller!
Hope the holidays and New Year bring you all... Good health and Happiness!
And a quick spring to fly again!

Hope to see some of you "brave ones" here for the Cool Fool Festival!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Pkrekel

Postby Pkrekel » Sat, Dec 20 2008, 04:19 PM

Happy Holidays to all

Paul

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Dec 20 2008, 07:44 PM

:rotfl
I didn't know there really was a xmas version. That's hilarious!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sat, Dec 20 2008, 11:06 PM

What about Festivus...you know, for the rest of us?

:lol:
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Dec 21 2008, 07:36 PM

Best wishes to one and all, and a fruitful new year.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:13 AM

I'd be happy for a WARM new year :wink:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:51 AM

From all of us at Chicago Kite Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season

Stay warm
David

moegeo

Postby moegeo » Mon, Dec 22 2008, 06:13 PM

Happy fmas!
May you be Touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Happy Holidays.
Geo.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Dec 22 2008, 08:10 PM

Chris wrote:I'd be happy for a WARM new year :wink:

I'll second that!

So, do you pray to the FSM or offer sacrifices, or ? Anyway to get his noodly appendage to make it warmer in the Midwest?

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:17 AM

Chris wrote:

I'd be happy for a WARM new year :wink:

:roll: Oh come on now, LOOK at the calendar guys. It is winter tizz it not? :cry: :cry: :P

even though I have to admit it is a little on the EXTREME. :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

DB Cooper

Postby DB Cooper » Tue, Dec 23 2008, 07:58 AM

I believe in order to get warmer weather you are supposed to donate a kite to the newest registered member. :mrorange:

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Tue, Dec 23 2008, 08:51 AM

JEEPSTER CAN DONATE THAT NEW SUL HE GOT FROM JOHN :up:
:SLKani: shawn

DB Cooper

Postby DB Cooper » Tue, Dec 23 2008, 09:07 AM

I think you are right Jeepster should "take one" ... or is it "give one" for the team? I should bring that up with him today. If the weather doesn't turn around quick you can blame him.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by DB Cooper on Tue, Dec 23 2008, 09:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Tue, Dec 23 2008, 09:17 AM

Now you know where the term "the little beggars" comes from ... they never stop. Santa will be bring DB's son delta kite for Christmas ... maybe he'll let his dad fly it some.

Cheers,
Tom

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Dec 24 2008, 03:44 PM

Happy holidays to everyone! :up: We just got out internet fixed, after it being down forever; :roll: brother!

i'm still home with Marla. She is slowly improving, but is still in considerable pain... but nothing like it was in days past. She is still, unfortunately, with a gastrostomy tube, getting enteral feedings... so her X-mas dinner is going to flow far from her taste buds. She's hoping that soon she will pass the video swallow tests and then get to eat again like the rest of us. Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Nursing staff continue to come to our home on a regular basis... which is so very nice.

i continue to kite fly every day when the weather is good... which is never. We were out with regard to electricity for 3 days... which really sucked. i had a generator that i purchased a few years back, and that came in very handy. But the house was still cold to a large degree, due to the very frigid temperatures. i had to partially heat the garage also, for the parrots, and that took away from some of the heat to the house. i lost a lot of tropical fish; all the fish in the garage died; the one's in the family room are 80% gone; the one's in the living room are 100% alive so far (though they do have ick, which i am treating). Last night, i took all of the gas out of the generator, put a couple of teaspoons of oil in the spark plug hole, cleaned it up a lot and put it away in storage again. About 10 minutes after doing that, the electricity went out again! :shock: We both felt like crying! It came on again though, after a little over an hour!

The other night, i was watching TV, at around 1AM... and heard a big crash by our house. A small truck hit the guard rail and landed in our front yard! i asked the fellow involved if he was OK... and i subsequently asked if he wanted me to call the police. He stated that he was OK, but that he would rather not have the police called! When i heard that, i immediately went into the house and called the police! i figured that not wanting the police called probably meant that there was a very good reason to call them. The police told me to keep my door locked and not to answer it. i went back out and told him that the police were called... and that one cannot get towed without the police involved (in our area) anyway. Initially, he wanted me to drive him to Martinton; and i stated that i did not care to due to the freezing rain and the terrible conditions. The police sure kept him a very long time in the squad car... even after his truck had been towed away.

i hope that all of you have a great and "bright" Christmas and New Year and Hanuka! i'm about to give our dog Gabby a Bow Wow Skunk Beanie Toy... it crinkles and squeaks! She has more toys than most kids... and gets infatuated with them for a week or two... then they go into the "just another toy" category, and fail to excite her excessively! Kind of like some of you guys with a lot of your kites!... so don't laugh too hard at Gab! She eats meat like you guys too... you have a lot in common, actually. :wink:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Dec 24 2008, 07:55 PM

Wow, you're having a heck of a holiday.
Hopefully, you will be having a great new year though.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Wed, Dec 24 2008, 08:23 PM

Happy holidays one and all ...

Best wishes,
Tom

Return to “General Discussion”