Page 1 of 1

New Quad

Posted: Mon, Sep 15 2008, 12:49 PM
by Jeff
While I was out of town for the week, my daughter decided to make a quad line kite to fly. Susan got a picture of her trying to take it out and fly.

I think it needs a few design adjustments, but she's off to a good start. :-)

Image

Re: New Quad

Posted: Mon, Sep 15 2008, 01:11 PM
by Mike
Excellent! You must be so proud to have a kite maker starting out at this early age.

Re: New Quad

Posted: Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:37 PM
by Frodos Majik
She is just waiting to be able to go back to the field/beach with her dad again. :mrblue:

Re: New Quad

Posted: Tue, Sep 16 2008, 07:55 AM
by Pkrekel
Soon we will the form the 180 Go Jr. kite team. :rotfl

Re: New Quad

Posted: Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:18 PM
by Jeff
Pkrekel wrote:Soon we will the form the 180 Go Jr. kite team. :rotfl

90 GO!

For the half pints. :lol:

Re: New Quad

Posted: Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:28 PM
by Jeepster
Jeff wrote:
Pkrekel wrote:Soon we will the form the 180 Go Jr. kite team. :rotfl

90 GO!

For the half pints. :lol:


Yes, and I suppose you'll come up with "CLOWNS GO!" for some of the rest of us! Of course, like 180GO!, we'll have to wear different hats and shirts ... maybe even a special red nose ...

Or maybe 360GO! for the slightly larger members! Or ...

Darn I wish the wind would pick up

Cheers,
Tom

Re: New Quad

Posted: Thu, Sep 18 2008, 03:36 PM
by Jeepster
Jeff wrote:While I was out of town for the week, my daughter decided to make a quad line kite to fly. Susan got a picture of her trying to take it out and fly.

I think it needs a few design adjustments, but she's off to a good start. :-)

Image


Actually, she looks like she has my low wind technique down pat ... when the wind is low, so is my kite.

How old is Susan ... I ask because I'd like to get my grandson interested. At four years old, he simply doesn't have the attention span yet.

Cheers,
Tom

Re: New Quad

Posted: Thu, Sep 18 2008, 03:41 PM
by Jeff
Jeepster wrote:
Actually, she looks like she has my low wind technique down pat ... when the wind is low, so is my kite.

How old is Susan ... I ask because I'd like to get my grandson interested. At four years old, he simply doesn't have the attention span yet.

Cheers,
Tom

I don't think Susan wants me to say. ;)

But Kayla is 4 years and 9 mos.

She is interested, but doesn't quite get the concept of controlling a kite. She will pull and yank on a single line kite as if she's trying to fly a sport kite, since that's what she sees me do when I fly my Revs.

Re: New Quad

Posted: Thu, Sep 18 2008, 04:12 PM
by Jeepster
Jeff wrote:
Jeepster wrote:
Actually, she looks like she has my low wind technique down pat ... when the wind is low, so is my kite.

How old is Susan ... I ask because I'd like to get my grandson interested. At four years old, he simply doesn't have the attention span yet.

Cheers,
Tom

I don't think Susan wants me to say. ;)

But Kayla is 4 years and 9 mos.

She is interested, but doesn't quite get the concept of controlling a kite. She will pull and yank on a single line kite as if she's trying to fly a sport kite, since that's what she sees me do when I fly my Revs.


Okay, I deserved that one ...

Now where did I leave my walker?

Cheers,
Tom

Re: New Quad

Posted: Thu, Sep 18 2008, 04:22 PM
by Pkrekel
Jeepster wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Pkrekel wrote:Soon we will the form the 180 Go Jr. kite team. :rotfl

90 GO!

For the half pints. :lol:


Yes, and I suppose you'll come up with "CLOWNS GO!" for some of the rest of us! Of course, like 180GO!, we'll have to wear different hats and shirts ... maybe even a special red nose ...

Or maybe 360GO! for the slightly larger members! Or ...

Darn I wish the wind would pick up

Cheers,
Tom



how about "I can't go!" for geriatrics teams :rotfl


paul