I'm thinking I will offer kites to IKE members first so you will have first pick, then sell others on other forums later. Here's a link to a web album with some examples. I want to give you some idea what's going to be for sale.
There will be . . . .
- Probably three to five Roks, ranging from 40 inches (Skyburner) up to 9.5 feet tall (Premier Reza Ragreb eagle of paradox - blue). Shari got one of the Skyburner ones, so that (small) one has been spoken for already. Sold
- Two premier Rainbow Double Delta Conynes with white keel boxes - I think these are about 10 ft across.
- G-Kites Single French military & G-Kites Double french military (sold to KV)
- Sold - GFAK 20ft Joel Scholz Signature Raptor Delta - Note - This kite did a "nose plant" at the retreat. As a result, it needs a small repair to the strap that keeps the center vertical spar in place. Other than that, there are no issues with the kite. I'll probably get it fixed before it's sold. I think it really wants a tail or a drogue to keep it stable, but it might have just been the funky wind on that Saturday (the wind died to nothing, then shifted 180 degrees when it came back).
- Kevin Shannon rollers - I'm probably going to sell a couple of these. Not sure what they are worth yet as I can only find a link to a G-Kites (Chinese factory) version and a link to images from a kite building retreat. These are (for sure) custom made, not factory, and are signed by Kevin.
- Sun Oaks Deltas - One that I've opened up so far is (I believe) 10ft across. Another is 12 ft. I will probably have 5-6 of these for sale, including kites that are brand new / never flown. I'm thinking maybe some are custom, since 10 ft is not a standard delta size on the Sun Oaks web site. Update: Several pictures posted on the photo link.
- Dan Leigh Deltas - I have a bunch of these deltas for sale. I think there is only one factory made (ITW) and the rest are from Dan Leigh, and many are signed. Some are unopened / never flown, so I don't know if they are signed, but I suspect they are. Quite a few are custom colors. I will be selling Little Bears, XFS deltas, and maybe some custom Clippers (they might be Troopers). I'm going to try to find out more information about ones where I'm not sure which model I have, but here's a link to Dan's catalog web site. Note - Say has asked me for the ITW one. Not 100% certain if I'm selling that one yet, but he gets it if I do sell it.
In addition, I have braided dacron line that I'll be selling, in strengths from 50lb up to 200lb. I don't have yo-yo winders though, so you might have to buy a LOT of line if you are interested (it's on spools ranging up to 1000 yards).
I'm open to trades for quads (Revs, Decas) or other interesting items like lifter kites & cool line laundry. However, my wife has made it clear that I need to sell a bunch of these SLK kites . . .
P.S. - Note to Jynx and KiteVoice if you want to cross post - IKE members includes interested WKS and HKS members, as far as I'm concerned (and I hope they sign up for IKE, if they haven't already)