Kite Sale!

Discussion on anything related to Single Line Kites
goestoeleven

Kite Sale!

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:03 PM

OK IKE people, I'm almost ready to start selling some of those SLKs I got in that collection I bought just before the IKE retreat. Several members have expressed interest in buying some of the kites from the collection, so here goes.

I'm thinking I will offer kites to IKE members first so you will have first pick, then sell others on other forums later. Here's a link to a web album with some examples. I want to give you some idea what's going to be for sale.

There will be . . . .

• Probably three to five Roks, ranging from 40 inches (Skyburner) up to 9.5 feet tall (Premier Reza Ragreb eagle of paradox - blue). Shari got one of the Skyburner ones, so that (small) one has been spoken for already. Sold
  • Two premier Rainbow Double Delta Conynes with white keel boxes - I think these are about 10 ft across.
  • G-Kites Single French military & G-Kites Double french military (sold to KV)
  • Sold - GFAK 20ft Joel Scholz Signature Raptor Delta - Note - This kite did a "nose plant" at the retreat. As a result, it needs a small repair to the strap that keeps the center vertical spar in place. Other than that, there are no issues with the kite. I'll probably get it fixed before it's sold. I think it really wants a tail or a drogue to keep it stable, but it might have just been the funky wind on that Saturday (the wind died to nothing, then shifted 180 degrees when it came back).
  • Kevin Shannon rollers - I'm probably going to sell a couple of these. Not sure what they are worth yet as I can only find a link to a G-Kites (Chinese factory) version and a link to images from a kite building retreat. These are (for sure) custom made, not factory, and are signed by Kevin.
  • Sun Oaks Deltas - One that I've opened up so far is (I believe) 10ft across. Another is 12 ft. I will probably have 5-6 of these for sale, including kites that are brand new / never flown. I'm thinking maybe some are custom, since 10 ft is not a standard delta size on the Sun Oaks web site. Update: Several pictures posted on the photo link.
  • Dan Leigh Deltas - I have a bunch of these deltas for sale. I think there is only one factory made (ITW) and the rest are from Dan Leigh, and many are signed. Some are unopened / never flown, so I don't know if they are signed, but I suspect they are. Quite a few are custom colors. I will be selling Little Bears, XFS deltas, and maybe some custom Clippers (they might be Troopers). I'm going to try to find out more information about ones where I'm not sure which model I have, but here's a link to Dan's catalog web site. Note - Say has asked me for the ITW one. Not 100% certain if I'm selling that one yet, but he gets it if I do sell it.

In addition, I have braided dacron line that I'll be selling, in strengths from 50lb up to 200lb. I don't have yo-yo winders though, so you might have to buy a LOT of line if you are interested (it's on spools ranging up to 1000 yards).

I'm open to trades for quads (Revs, Decas) or other interesting items like lifter kites & cool line laundry. However, my wife has made it clear that I need to sell a bunch of these SLK kites . . . :oops:

P.S. - Note to Jynx and KiteVoice if you want to cross post - IKE members includes interested WKS and HKS members, as far as I'm concerned (and I hope they sign up for IKE, if they haven't already) :up:
Last edited by goestoeleven on Sun, Apr 07 2013, 11:46 AM, edited 8 times in total.

zero1199

Re: Kite Sale?

Postby zero1199 » Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:39 PM

Okey I'll take
1 trooper
1 xfs red and blue
1 more little bear blue and red would be nice, or all red
and the pink one you show me

Sun oak
The black and red DC delta, and one 12ft delta
Send picture please

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:59 PM

Say -

I don't have pictures of all the Sun Oaks deltas yet, only a few that were already opened/flown. I know you want a Sun Oaks DC, so that's why I didn't post any pictures of them here as I might not be selling any more after the one you want. On the Dan Leigh kites, let me go through the colors and figure out if I have the colors you want. The pink one in the link to the pictures is either a custom Trooper or a Clipper, I'm not sure which one.

I'll try to get some pictures taken this week, if possible.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 10:23 AM

zero1199 wrote:Okey I'll take
1 trooper
1 xfs red and blue
1 more little bear blue and red would be nice, or all red
and the pink one you show me

Sun oak
The black and red DC delta, and one 12ft delta
Send picture please

I don't have an XFS in red and blue. I have pink with blue keel, or pink with black keel, and several other colors.
Little Bear - I have a red with blue keel and pink with red keel, but no solid red kites.
Do you mean another trooper/clipper, in addition to the pink one? I think the pink one I showed you is a trooper or a clipper, but I'm not sure which one it really is so I think I need to contact Dan.

What color was the Little Bear you got over the weekend?

KiteVoice

Re: Kite Sale!

Postby KiteVoice » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 10:39 AM

Dibs on the G-Kites Double French Military (per PMs with 11)!
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 12:20 PM

Xfs in pink and blue, LB in red and blue will do. The one I got over the weekend was black with red.

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 12:26 PM

I posted the site on the FB WKC page!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 12:31 PM

Thanks Jynx! I haven't even gotten that far with pictures yet!

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 01:02 PM

Email sent to the HKS Yahoo mailing list. I'll post something on the HKS website later.

BTW, all IKE members are welcome to join the HKS mailing list.

There are two ways to join:

Send a message containing your full name to this address: hoosier-kite-society-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Or, click the "Join This Group!" button on this Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hoosier-kite-society/

Joining via the Web page gives you full access to the group's Web interface, including the ability to read archived messages.
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

TBHinPhilly

Postby TBHinPhilly » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 04:43 PM

I supposed I have to wait in line behind the IKE members - but some great kites here.

Would be interested in:

GFAK 20ft Joel Scholz Signature Raptor Delta - no repair necessary
Dan Leigh Deltas - a Clipper would be great - or a Trooper which is what I think you have based on the pictures. Clippers have the "pop fin" keel - it's basically a double walled keel that forms a pocket - it will open if the kite overflys or otherwise has slack in the line - and operate as drogue built into the kite. The same feature is built into the massive keel on the Joel Scholz Raptor.

Thanks for the consideration.
Ben
Last edited by TBHinPhilly on Mon, Nov 05 2012, 04:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 04:57 PM

Steve, I'm interested in the Reza Rok and a Rainbow DC. PM me to let me know what you're asking for them. Maybe we can do a bundle. Although, a Shannon roller would be pretty cool too. Would like to see the others. It's up to you.

-Todd
Last edited by TMadz on Mon, Nov 05 2012, 05:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 05:01 PM

Welcome Ben! You found me . . . it's not that far from GWTW, and now you are an IKE member. I plan to get the Raptor fixed anyway, this will cause me to actually move forward. It's a BIG kite, and you are first in line at the moment. Any need for braided dacron :-D ? I've got plenty . . . .

I'm also not sure how much shipping will be because I don't think it will fit in the standard USPS tubes . . . . but I'll try to find out.
Last edited by goestoeleven on Mon, Nov 05 2012, 05:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 05:23 PM

TBHinPhilly wrote:I supposed I have to wait in line behind the IKE members - but some great kites here.

Would be interested in:

Dan Leigh Deltas - a Clipper would be great - or a Trooper which is what I think you have based on the pictures. Clippers have the "pop fin" keel - it's basically a double walled keel that forms a pocket - it will open if the kite overflys or otherwise has slack in the line - and operate as drogue built into the kite. The same feature is built into the massive keel on the Joel Scholz Raptor.

Ben

Hmm . . . that's interesting, because I think the ones I put in the pictures both have a pop fin keel. So do the ones I believe are Little Bears, but the XFS do not. I was thinking the pop fin was common to most DL kites, but maybe not all of them. I have a sleeve marked "big clipper" so maybe I'll go compare what's in that sleeve to the ones I think are troopers - the "big clipper" is a longer sleeve than the one I think is a trooper, but maybe I'm mistaken about the identity (or maybe the former owner was mistaken). I'll go do some more research on Dan's web site . . .

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 06:08 PM

TBHinPhilly wrote:I supposed I have to wait in line behind the IKE members - but some great kites here.

Would be interested in:

Ben

I think you have to look at the shape, the clipper look more like the little bear, but bigger. the clipper is what I think it is.

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 11:24 PM

this is how the Clipper look like
7ft 10in x 4ft 11in
Attachments
clipper_s.gif
clipper_s.gif (2.92 KiB) Viewed 5801 times
Last edited by zero1199 on Mon, Nov 05 2012, 11:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 11:28 PM

Trooper RS
7½ft/2.29m span
Attachments
trooper_s.gif
trooper_s.gif (2.48 KiB) Viewed 5801 times

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 11:29 PM

Little Bear
76.5in x 47in
Attachments
littlebear.gif
littlebear.gif (2.68 KiB) Viewed 5801 times

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Mon, Nov 05 2012, 11:45 PM

zero1199 wrote:this is how the Clipper look like
7ft 10in x 4ft 11in

the same shape
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 5800 times

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Nov 06 2012, 01:06 AM

Yeah, Say, I think you are right about it being a Clipper. Thanks for posting the pics from Dan's site. I'll measure the kites (maybe tomorrow, but it looks like a busy day). I also have some others that are in longer sleeves that are marked as Clippers, which means they are probably not Clippers since the shape might be different. Maybe the guy got mixed up at some point (or maybe there are different Clipper models).

In the meantime . . . I've posted more Sun Oaks kites on the Photobucket site. I'm not planning to sell all the deltas that I've posted - I think I may keep one or two for myself. However, it should give you some idea of the colors available. I think all of these are 12 ft size (but some may be smaller), and several of them are new/never flown. For those, I may ask a bit closer to the new price than I have on some of the other kites because they are . . . well . . . brand new.

Also - Say - there is a Delta that looks like a match to the DC you bought. Let me know if you want to swap to that one instead of some of the others we've talked about.

Anybody need any braided dacron for any of these kites? :-D

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Tue, Nov 06 2012, 08:12 AM

goestoeleven wrote:Yeah, Say, I think you are right about it being a Clipper. Thanks for posting the pics from Dan's site. I'll measure the kites (maybe tomorrow, but it looks like a busy day). I also have some others that are in longer sleeves that are marked as Clippers, which means they are probably not Clippers since the shape might be different. Maybe the guy got mixed up at some point (or maybe there are different Clipper models).

In the meantime . . . I've posted more Sun Oaks kites on the Photobucket site. I'm not planning to sell all the deltas that I've posted - I think I may keep one or two for myself. However, it should give you some idea of the colors available. I think all of these are 12 ft size (but some may be smaller), and several of them are new/never flown. For those, I may ask a bit closer to the new price than I have on some of the other kites because they are . . . well . . . brand new.

Also - Say - there is a Delta that looks like a match to the DC you bought. Let me know if you want to swap to that one instead of some of the others we've talked about.

Anybody need any braided dacron for any of these kites? :-D

Sun Oak I like the black, red and yellow 12' delte example #2, and in the same color 13' DC delta.
Can I pay with PayPal?

Return to “Single Line Kites”