Page 1 of 1

Cat Got Your Tongue?

Posted: Sun, Oct 18 2009, 02:47 PM
by Knoted4ever

Re: Cat Got Your Tongue?

Posted: Mon, Oct 19 2009, 10:49 AM
by Mike
I've read about the bugger before. Cool photo of it.
Parasites are pretty fascinating critters.

In related info:
Bacteria start to colonise the intestines and colon shortly after birth, and adults carry up to 100 trillion microbes, representing more than 1,000 different species.

The researchers say the body is a mixture of bacteria and human cells and some scientists believe as many as 90 percent of the cells on our body are actually bacteria.
----
That means you are only about 10% human cells and the other 90% of you is microbes of various sorts!

Re: Cat Got Your Tongue?

Posted: Tue, Oct 20 2009, 02:00 PM
by catspaw00
Mike wrote:That means you are only about 10% human cells and the other 90% of you is microbes of various sorts!


That explains soooo much. :rotfl

-Wendy