Hi From England

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Ian Rev Addict

Hi From England

Postby Ian Rev Addict » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 06:20 PM

My name is Ian and I live in Sutton Coldfield, ENGLAND.
Sutton Coldfield is on the northern outskirts of the City of Birmingham which is in the West Midlands of ENGLAND and about 120 miles north west of London, it is the second largest City in the UK next to London.
I am a huge fan of Revolution kites of which I have too many, as my wife keeps telling me. :lol:
I have been flying Revs for around three years and fly to a good level of expertise. :v:
I am a member of the UK based kite club called Midlands Kite Fliers www.mkf.org.uk and I am the local fly-in' co-ordinator for the MKF Sutton Park - Boldmere Gate monthly winter fly-in', details of which including links can be found on www.kitecalendar.co.uk.
I have family who live in North Carolina, and when I visit the States I usually fly my kites in the Outer Banks around by Kitty Hawk.

:revspin: Blues Skies……..Clean Winds :revspin:

Ian
Midlands Kite Fliers
Heart of England Kite Fliers
Last edited by Ian Rev Addict on Wed, Feb 07 2007, 01:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Babbman

Re: Hi From England

Postby Babbman » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 09:38 PM

Ian,,, WELCOME!

Hopefully your weather is warmer than ours right now!

Very happy to have you here...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 09:58 PM

Welcome Ian, always good to talk to others obsessed with our sport!! :up: Feel free to respond to posts, always looking for new info. It must be great to fly in the Carolinas. I visited Cape Hatteras years ago, beautiful place. But that was long before I even thought about kites! :wink:

Anyway, welcome to IKE. :mrgreen:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 11:44 PM

Welcome aboard Ian.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Ian Rev Addict

Postby Ian Rev Addict » Mon, Feb 05 2007, 12:29 AM

Hi.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I had a look at your temperatures over there and was surprised to see that it was -3.9 °F / -19.9 °C in Illinois, wow that’s cold :shock: Its been very wet and windy over here for the last few weeks. The temperature here tonight has been 30 °F / -1 °C with the day time prediction to be 41 °F / 5 °C. I was out giving my new home made Rev sail its maiden flight yesterday and it was half decent out, clear blue skies, just a touch of ground frost early on, but warmed up to a nice pleasant afternoon. The only problem was no wind....it only reached 3 mph for about 5 mins so it was a very short flight. But I dare say it was a lot better than what you are getting right now.... :up:

:thanks:
:revspin: Blues Skies……..Clean Winds :revspin:

Ian
Midlands Kite Fliers
Heart of England Kite Fliers

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Feb 05 2007, 07:02 AM

Hi Ian, glad to see you here!
I was looking at the calendar of kite festivals you posted. It seems like there quite a few festivals over there--do you get to many of them?
And post some photos of your new kite too. :revspin:

fly_with_fire

Postby fly_with_fire » Mon, Feb 05 2007, 08:01 PM

welcome to IKE Ian. Hope the weather is better there than here.

BANSHEE

Postby BANSHEE » Wed, Feb 14 2007, 02:31 AM

Ian,

Don't listen to your wife. You can never have too many kites, even if they are multi line. Welcome to IKE. It's a good group with an even. Even if they are Illinois based. You need to be from the Midwest to understand what I just said
Banshee
Ceaser viveret ad remum dareris

Think MAKR 2010

Return to “Introductions”