New Rev Flier

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
TMadz

New Rev Flier

Postby TMadz » Mon, Aug 19 2013, 12:44 PM

Hi Guys. I'm Tmadz. I've been into dual line kites and SLK's for over a year. Not influenced by peer pressure, I just recently bought an EXP and I hope to gets lots of fun out of it. I heard something about cookies? Any Rev fliers out there? BTW, the sail is IKE colors. Just representing.

I just need some sweet snagless handles (Darkspark?).
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Mike

Re: New Rev Flier

Postby Mike » Mon, Aug 19 2013, 01:40 PM

Hey there and welcome to the dark side. And great choice of kite colors!

There's a bunch of Rev fliers in the club, however many of us are busy for the next couple weeks.

A bunch of IKE Rev fliers are heading out to Washington State this week to try to set a world record of 100 revs performing together in synchrony.
The following weekend (8/31), many will be at the kite festival in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

It is easier to learn from someone rather than on your own, so I hope you can get together with someone in the near future. And don't forget the IKE Retreat!

swannie

Postby swannie » Mon, Aug 19 2013, 07:03 PM

Welcome to the dark side. :) I haven't looked at any of my other kites since I bought my first Rev. I'd be happy to help you with a few things, but I'm far from an expert. Where are you flying at? I tried to fly a bit today but the wind was too squirrely...

Mike wrote:It is easier to learn from someone rather than on your own, so I hope you can get together with someone in the near future. And don't forget the IKE Retreat!

I hope to find this out firsthand myself at the IKE retreat in September ... so far I've just learned by watching some of the Kite Life videos online and I feel I've "plateaued" doing that....

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Mon, Aug 19 2013, 07:24 PM

Glad to hear about the Rev!

I'd love to meet up again. I dont have mad Ninja skills, but i'm sure it'd be fun and i can get you aimed in the right direction.

i have tomorrow and friday off if your schedule is free to meet up.

Jim

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Aug 21 2013, 12:51 AM

What? Another IKE convert to the dark side? Come to the retreat! Plus maybe we can squeeze in a quick fly after labor day but before the retreat.

Best advice I have . . . Time on handles . . .get out and fly. I'll be happy to share my limited knowledge if we can meet up some time.

illescasd

Postby illescasd » Wed, Aug 21 2013, 08:38 AM

I"m sure we can squeeze some day in prior to the retreat. Honestly, the winds have been awful this July & August. I went out last night for a bit and practiced on my duals. I need a lot of practice. We should be able to meet somewhere out in the W Suburbs (fly both quads & duals) prior to the retreat.

David & Adventure Dog
"Don't bend the spoon, bend the space around it,,,"

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Aug 21 2013, 09:11 AM

I'm off Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Busse Woods in Schaumburg is a great place to fly. Call if interested -- 224.227.0638
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Tue, Sep 10 2013, 07:58 PM

OK .I fianlly got out to fly it today, but probably over the high end of the wind range. I did OK. I just remember Shari's voice in my head to not fly with my arms like a dual line kite and let the handles do the work. I need to get some snagless handles later, but at least I'm up in the air now. Just have to find time to fly it.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Sep 10 2013, 08:12 PM

Own your hover . . . and work on figure 8's. Hope to see you at the retreat!

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Tue, Sep 10 2013, 10:30 PM

Glad you were able to get some air time!

Will you be making it to the retreat? (xing my fingers)

I will be there both days for sure. We received an awesome invite to camp up there. Gonna try to make that work with the family.

The retreat is my new wedding day every year. It use to be the Hot Rod Power Tour... now i'm just a kite addict!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Wed, Sep 11 2013, 01:36 AM

TMadz ~ Welcome to the Bestest of Bestest Kite Clubs anywhere!

See you at the Retreat!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Return to “Introductions”