Indiana Flyer

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Mytoyz

Indiana Flyer

Postby Mytoyz » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 05:28 PM

Hey guys, Dennis here from northwest Indiana. I am new to the forum and been reading a lot of interesting posts. Got into Kiting about ten years ago after attending the Great Lakes Kite festival in Grand Haven MI. One of the best places to fly with nice winds off Lake Michigan. I live in Northwest Indiana about ten minutes from the Indiana Beaches and have collected several kites ranging from Prisms, a 19' Koch Delta, A Ken MacNeil Custom Reprise, and working on some large Line Laundry Pcs. A lot of fliers used to fly on the lake front in Chicago on Sundays, hopefully I see one posted soon. I will try to make a club fly or two when work allows.

Blues Skys, and Steady winds.
Dennis
Blue skies and Steady Winds

goestoeleven

Re: Indiana Flyer

Postby goestoeleven » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 05:53 PM

Dennis -

Welcome to the club - happy to have you here. Check out the latest club fly in the club & quick fly forum. It's this Saturday 6/29 in Kankakee, so not too far (I hope) from where you are in Indiana.

We fly on the lakefront sometimes - either Montrose Beach or Northerly island, but it's not with any regularity as the members are pretty spread out across Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin . . . and even further away.

By the way, anyone can post a club or quick fly event - if you are going to the Indiana beaches to fly, you can post up and it may be that some club members can join you. Mikey and Shari have flown at the Indiana dunes a few times in the past after work (in the summertime), so it's not too far for some members to make it to where you are.

One more note - we plan to have an IKE weekend retreat to the Indiana Dunes again this fall (possibly the last weekend in September).
Last edited by goestoeleven on Thu, Jun 27 2013, 07:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 06:45 PM

I can't add anything to what Steve wrote, so I'll just add my:
Welcome to the club, Dennis!

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 07:59 PM

Welcome dennis!

I am just north of south bend in niles. A one year Newb, but i have the bug! duals and revs are my poison.

i would love to fly sometime. I usually fly in niles or warren dunes, but i could adjust my route south a bit.

Jim

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 08:05 PM

Welcome Dennis. Trigger is your closest flier, but if we have the IKE retreat at the end of September, you'll get lots of IKErs in your backyard for the weekend.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Thu, Jun 27 2013, 08:20 PM

Welcome!
Like Mike said. Shari and I like to fly at the dunes. It is a bit over an hour and well worth the drive. We like to go up Mid day, try to get there a bit before the swimming closes. Then everyone else leaves the beach to us. Come down this Saturday if you are free.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Jun 28 2013, 08:35 AM

Hi dennis, and welcome to IKE. Looking forward to flying with you soon. I'm planning to be at the Kankakee club fly this Saturday. Perhaps we'll meet there.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Fri, Jun 28 2013, 09:36 AM

...and a BIG HELLO from me too!

IKE's a WINDerFULL club and it's members are the most helpful and fun group you will ever meet! :up:

. . . . :welcome: aboard!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:06 AM

:welcome: Welcome to the Club! Hope we can meet up soon for some fun kite flying!

Big Mike

Mytoyz

Postby Mytoyz » Fri, Jun 28 2013, 07:40 PM

nice meeting you all. Unfortunately I am working 15 days straight so July 13th will be my first day off. I will definitely see you all at the retreat, hope to have Nemo by then. we did get to fly at Michigan City the other day, great beach, lots of room to put up the big guys and then do some dual line flying.
hope to meet you all in person soon.
Blue skies and Steady Winds

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Sat, Jun 29 2013, 08:24 PM

What they said! Welcome from a fellow Hoosier.

Return to “Introductions”