JUST SIGNED UP

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
jsteph

JUST SIGNED UP

Postby jsteph » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 07:21 PM

JUST SIGNED UP TODAY, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANY KNOWLEDGE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON, ABOUT KITES.
LOVE TO TAKE MY GRAND KIDS OUT AND FLY A KITE WITH THEM. LIVE IN HELL MICH. AND THERE NOT MANY FLYERS AROUND HERE. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOME FLYERS THAT JUST GET TOGETHER TO FLY

goestoeleven

Re: JUST SIGNED UP

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 07:55 PM

Welcome to the club! The festival season is winding down for this year (unless you travel to places like Florida). However, I'm sure we'll be getting together some over the fall and winter. We have members from all over - Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and even farther afield - like the California, and England. Check out the festivals and club fly section of the forums, and watch for our next get-together. You might want to check into the Hoosier Kite Society as well, because they have some events that might be closer to your location. I don't know if there are Michigan Kite clubs, but perhaps some of the members here who have been around longer than I have might be able to help.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 08:29 PM

Hi, and welcome. Hope to fly with you soon. Keep an eye on the "club fly" and "quick fly" threads to see who's flying when and where.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 08:47 PM

Welcome to the club. I do know of a few people on the eastern side of MI who are dual line fliers. Not knowing if you're interested in single line (SLK), dual line or quad line, I could tell you how to get in touch with them. Tell us more about what you're interested in.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 09:31 PM

Welcome! Here are some resources that might be helpful.

Michigan is in Region 5 of the American Kitefliers Association. A list of kite clubs in Region 5 appears here. In that list, the Web link for the Tri-State Wind Riders (Coldwater) is out of date. You'll find them on their Facebook page.

Also, one of my favorite kite vendors is located not far from Hell, in Plymouth: Kites and Fun Things. It's owned by Jon and Marieanne Trennepohl. Jon is a highly respected kite designer. Stop by their store. They'll be able to tell you about the best kite-flying fields in southeastern Michigan. And if there are any kite clubs in your area that are not listed on the AKA site, Jon and Marieanne will know about them.
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 10:09 PM

Excellent point, KV. Thanks for the links.

Jon and Mary are good folks . . . and I have a bunch of spars from them that are supposed to be inside a sewing project by now! Jon's suggestion was to sew first, then order spars, but I didn't listen. At least my home-built rev travel frame is done using some of the spars he sent.

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Oct 15 2012, 11:36 PM

...and :welcome: from little ol' me too!

:up: You won't find a more WINDerFULL Club! ...though the WKC (Wisconsin Kiters Club) is pretty WINDerFULL too! :oops:

(Had to add that in!) ...me being a Wisconsinite!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

jsteph

Postby jsteph » Tue, Oct 16 2012, 07:18 PM

well thanks for all the response, and thanks for the warm welcomes. right now i have 4 dual line kites and one quad line kite. i have joined tri state, and i do know about Jon's kite shop he has been very helpfull. and the do get together on wed. i just can't fit that time slot into my wed. but I will travel on the weekends to get together with other flyers and learn from someone who knows what there doing. god bless , will keep checking the events in the future.

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Wed, Oct 17 2012, 11:37 AM

Welcome! Fellow michigander here, southwest corner here-niles. Would love to meet up sometime maybe in the middle. Jon and his gang are great for sure!
You lost me when you said...someone who knows what they are doing..... but when it comes to Passion and willingness to learn... i am right up there! :-)

I have a few duals that i still fly and am learning tricks on. The darkside has pulled me in recently...3 weeks... and i am typing this as i wait for fedex to deliver my second Rev!

Let me know if you want to get together sometime

Jim

Return to “Introductions”