New to the site!

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Stunter106

New to the site!

Postby Stunter106 » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:29 PM

Hello. I am 33 years old,from Godfrey IL, about 35 miles from St Louis. I have been flying a 2 line delta wing for over about 15 years now (off and on). I just purchased my first powerkite trainer. When I got into the sport there were no groups in my area... and guess what... there still aren't any! LOL I started searching for groups in Illinois and stumbled onto this forum. Seemed like the best, if not only place to start. :) Hope everyone is having a great time flying, and may the wind grace your wings!

Jynx

Re: New to the site!

Postby Jynx » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:43 PM

:welcome: to the forum and :LogoRevAni: !

You won't find a nicer group of kiters anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 08:00 AM

Welcome to the forum and to the club.

You might want to PM one of our members (AhMayzon) who lives in the St Louis area. Although she is a member of IKE, she also participates in a second club that supports activities around the St Louis area.

Cheers,
Tom

Shari

Postby Shari » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 10:17 AM

Welcome to the Club!!! :welcome:
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 10:56 AM

Welcome!
some quick notes:
I second the idea of checking out the Gateway club in addition to hanging with us.
If you ever want to try flying a quad line Rev, there's a lot of us in IKE.
I'm probably the closest member to you, but that's still a couple hours away. If you want to drive up here, I'm sure I could get a couple other members to meet here too.
I've often thought of having a club fly in conjunction with the Gateway kite club. Maybe I'll actually get my act together this year...

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 11:56 AM

Mike wrote:Welcome!
some quick notes:
I second the idea of checking out the Gateway club in addition to hanging with us.
I'm probably the closest member to you, but that's still a couple hours away. If you want to drive up here, I'm sure I could get a couple other members to meet here too.
I've often thought of having a club fly in conjunction with the Gateway kite club. Maybe I'll actually get my act together this year...

Sounds like a great idea!

And welcome aboard stunter106!

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 01:24 PM

Welcome Stunter. I have a snapshot 1.9, but I'm thinking of getting a Tensor powerfoil as well. Maybe we can grab some air sometime.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Stunter106

Postby Stunter106 » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 09:43 PM

Mike wrote:Welcome!
some quick notes:

Sounds like fun. I have been looking at a 4line 3m tonight... :)

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 10:06 PM

Sounds cool. But watch out . . . quad line kites are addictive. I've never flown a quad line power kite . . but I keep thinking about landboarding and kitesurfing as next logical steps. If you like precision, you might also want to try out a revolution. If we end up pulling together a mid-state multi-club fly, I'm sure you'd get some time on some rev handles. There are a bunch of rev-heads (myself included) in IKE . . .

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 10:21 PM

Mike wrote:I've often thought of having a club fly in conjunction with the Gateway kite club. Maybe I'll actually get my act together this year...

Somewhere between Bloomington and Lincoln looks about halfway for me . . . .

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Jun 20 2012, 04:19 PM

Actually, I was thinking of all of us heading down for a weekend in St Louis.
They don't have many quad fliers down there. Maybe they just need a little push.... :)

AhMayzon

Postby AhMayzon » Tue, Jun 26 2012, 11:41 PM

Hello Stunter!
You're definitely close enough to us for some of the Gateway Kite Club's flies. I'd guess you're about 45 mins to a hour from Forest Park. We fly every 4th Sunday in Forest Park in St. Louis, either on Art Hill or the back half of Central Field (we are required to stay off the front side where the ball diamonds are). We also do special events around the St. Louis area.
You can find our schedule at www.gatewaykiteclub.org or find us on Facebook as Gateway Kite Club. :)

Mike, we should definitely find a date to get our clubs together for a fly! We do something similar with the Kansas City Kite Club and Jefferson City kitefliers in Missouri, where we meet halfway in between over in Columbia, MO.

Anne

Postby Anne » Tue, Jul 17 2012, 04:34 PM

WELCOME!!! :welcome:

Return to “Introductions”