Greetings!

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Mamagotcha

Greetings!

Postby Mamagotcha » Mon, Sep 05 2011, 11:46 PM

I just realized that I never made an introduction, even though I've lurked on and off for a while now. We moved to the Chicago area about two years ago (my husband teaches biology at DePaul), but I'm originally from California. I've only ever flown single-line kites, but I've been fascinated by the stunt kites for a long time. We have several nifty kites we enjoy:

a Prism EO-6
a Prism Flip (just got it as a gift, haven't flown it yet!)
a Superflyer delta (which was also a gift and had only been flown once)
a Go Fly a Kite Pocket Parafoil (probably 20 years old, and still a trooper)
a Costco Spinbox X kite (http://www.xkites.com/costco_b_spinbox_2011.html)

We are a homeschooling family, but my first three are all at college, so it's me and the 7-year-old most of the time. We live in Norwood Park, just east of O'Hare. Not sure what else you folks would like to know... ask and I'll do my best to answer!

Katje (and my sidekick, Lincoln)

Mike

Re: Greetings!

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 06 2011, 01:10 PM

Welcome (again!) Katje!
I'm originally from Southern California myself. Been in Illinois for around 20 years now though.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Sep 06 2011, 01:19 PM

Greetings

If you havn't already stop by our shop could give you some pointer on were to fly around here and what kind of kite are better for our winds. We are very close to you like within blocks
Chicago Kite
5445 N Harlem
Chicago il 60656

thanks
David

Mamagotcha

Postby Mamagotcha » Tue, Sep 06 2011, 02:56 PM

Thanks, Mike! I spent 20 years in Davis, just outside of Sacramento, and I was born in San Francisco. I still miss it!

David, I'm certain the delta was purchased from you by my 17yo son... we'll have to get back over there and drool... er, I mean, admire your beautiful kites again soon!

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 08:10 PM

Greetings and welcome! Good to have another flyer in the club. If you are going to be in the Schaumburg area at any time, post it and I may be able to join you. Busse Woods is a good place to fly.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Return to “Introductions”