Flying High In Chicago [New To IKE]

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Deano

Flying High In Chicago [New To IKE]

Postby Deano » Sat, Sep 25 2010, 11:14 PM

Hey IKE :-)

I was thrilled when I found out there was an Illinois community for flyers! I started flying about a month ago, and was hooked from the beginning. I had learned on a low quality dual, and am proud to say that I'm the new owner of a ntk Orion :mrorange: . Now I have to learn slack line tricks lol. I've flown mostly around Montrose or near Wilson with great results off the water. If you know of any good locations around Chicago, do tell! I'm always looking for a new person to kite with, so if you're up for it send a message my way.

Deano [Jeff]

P.S. - I was at QC earlier today if David/Paul/Bob is reading this. It was nice meeting you guys. :thanks:
Last edited by Deano on Sat, Sep 25 2010, 11:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Re: Flying High In Chicago [New To IKE]

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 27 2010, 09:06 AM

Welcome to the club Deano.
Our best dual-line trickster is Tom P., his handle on the forum is knoted4ever.
Try to catch him at our next club fly (probably in a few weeks).

Deano

Postby Deano » Mon, Sep 27 2010, 11:54 AM

Sounds like fun. Are they usually posted in the forum? Where are the club flies usually, Meigs Field?

Thanks,
Deano

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 27 2010, 01:26 PM

They're sometimes there, but often in Pontiac or Limestone Park--click on the "Maps" link at the top of this page.
Our membership is pretty spread out and not concentrated in Chicago, so most club flies will require a drive.

Also, anyone can call for a club fly at any time. We don't charge dues, nor have any rules, or a charter, or a board of directors. We're this web site and who ever is reading it right now.
Just name a place and see if you can drum up some interest.

I was thinking of having a club fly in Pontiac. That's a 2 hour drive for much of the Chicago fliers, a 2 1/2 hour drive for the new members from the Quad cities area, and a 2 1/2 hour drive for me who lives downstate. Probably October 16 or 17. I'll post it in the club fly section as soon as I've checked a couple things.

That may sound like a lot of driving, well it is a lot of driving, but we make a day of it. We start early and fly 'til dinner, and often have dinner together somewhere before heading home.

In fact, I think I'll just go ahead and post it now....

Deano

Postby Deano » Wed, Sep 29 2010, 02:09 PM

Good stuff.

Deano

Return to “Introductions”