Hello From Valparaiso, IN

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Layback Lenny

Hello From Valparaiso, IN

Postby Layback Lenny » Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:23 AM

Hi, everyone. I am new to kiting and only own a cheap stunt kite my girlfriend bought me from Harbor Freight. We went to the beach in Michigan City (Washington Park) a couple of weeks ago to fly it and met a guy there flying a Rev. He asked me if I wanted to give it a try. Bam! I was hooked. Turns out Joel sells kites at Shipshewana flea market. Great guy and his friend from Virginia, Robert, also. The next weekend we ran into them again and they had brought about 10 kites with them. Joel gave me some lessons and I got to fly a really nice stunt kite.
This weekend we are going to see Joel and purchase a new kite (or 2 or 3). We also have plans to spend the weekend in Milwaukee for the Mott festival. We still need to make our hotel reservations so any recommendations would be welcome.
Here's hoping for good winds.
Lenny

Mike

Re: Hello From Valparaiso, IN

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:38 AM

Lenny,
welcome to the club and glad you found the Rev!

I wont be at Mott's but iQuad will be there and they are a great quad team to watch. I'm sure a few members of our club will be there too.
It's the same weekend as another festival in Illinois and some of us will be in DeKalb.

Even better, would be to meet up with us at a club fly. We often fly in the Kankakee, IL area. It's about 1 1/2 hours from you and for many of the club members. You'll be able to get plenty of hands-on tips and support for your new addiction.

Be sure to ask any questions here on the forum too. What kites are you thinking of getting?

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:20 PM

Hi Lenny, welcome to the club. I work in Lowell, if you have a place somewhere in between me and you that is a good flying location I would be happy to meet up with you some afternoon and fly with you. I could let you try one of my revs and get some more time on one. Just message me if you are interested.--Welcome, Mikey

Layback Lenny

Postby Layback Lenny » Wed, Sep 01 2010, 12:58 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys.
Yea, Mike, I first saw that DeKalb fest going on then ran across the Mots one and decided the driving distance isn't much further so we're gonna go for it. I first thought the Rev was the cats behind but then flew a 2 string stunt kite and it really got my blood pumping. Joel, the friend I mentioned, said he thought I might like a "Trick and Track" he has for sale. Snooping around, though, I am kind of interested in a Prism Quantum. I don't know if he carries them or not. I would like to purchase my first kite from him since he has been so helpful and is probably going to be my "kite buddy". He really is a nice guy and is very knowlegable about kiting.
Darkspark. We'll have to get together. I'm starting 2 weeks vacation this weekend (I'm a millwright at Inland Steel) so I'll have some spare time. I'll get in touch with you.
Once again, thanks for the welcome and happy kiting.

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Thu, Sep 02 2010, 01:41 PM

Layback Lenny wrote:We also have plans to spend the weekend in Milwaukee for the Mott festival. We still need to make our hotel reservations so any recommendations would be welcome.
Lenny

:welcome1: to :LogoRevAni:

FYI: The host hotel for Mots is the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-milwauk ... nsin-WI138

Make sure to hunt me down and say hello while at Mots!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Layback Lenny

Postby Layback Lenny » Fri, Sep 03 2010, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the tip, Jynx. We're booked for the night of the 11th. Looking forward to maybe seeing you there. If you see a guy on the beach with a bright rainbow fake mohawk it might be me. :lol: 3 more days till I get my first real stunt kite. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Return to “Introductions”