Looking For Friends To Fly With - New To Kiting

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
scottmullins

Looking For Friends To Fly With - New To Kiting

Postby scottmullins » Tue, Apr 27 2010, 08:44 PM

Hello everybody,

My name is Scott Mullins and I live in Genoa, IL. I just got my kites last week (Dynakite Stuntmaster 3 stack) and so far having a great time. I am looking to meet people to fly with.

Are there any local clubs out there close or anybody in the Dekalb/Sycamore/Hampshire IL area that want to get together and do some stunt kiting?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Darkspark

Re: Looking For Friends To Fly With - New To Kiting

Postby Darkspark » Tue, Apr 27 2010, 09:19 PM

Hello Scott,
Welcome to the club,
:welcome1:
I am sure you will be able to find someone fairly local that would be happy to fly with you on here. We also have club flys once a month or so. You might have to drive a while, but I guarantee its worth it. There is also a festival in Dekalb in the fall. Check out the festival schedule on the main page. They are always a great place to meet other kiters and try out some other kites. Welcome to the club, look forward to meeting you sometime.
-Mikey

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:57 PM

Darkspark wrote:Hello Scott,
Check out the festival schedule on the main page. They are always a great place to meet other kiters and try out some other kites . -Mikey

Mikey ~ What are you trying to say?

Scott ~
:welcome1: to :LogoRevAni: ...and...BEWARE OF THE DARK SIDE!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Apr 28 2010, 09:44 AM

Scott, welcome.
Many of the sport kite fliers in the club fly quad-line kites. For some reason, flying Revolution quads is often referred to as the Dark Side.
I guess because they are cool and the control is unsurpassed. The first try is free...

I'm pretty booked this month, but maybe some of you Chicago area people can organize a fly?

Scott, as Mikey mentioned, it's well worth a drive to join with some other fliers. I usually have to drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours for a club fly. I make a day of it and it's a great time.

Maddman

Postby Maddman » Wed, Apr 28 2010, 04:52 PM

One of these days I have to get somebody to show me how to fly my new Rev. The dark side has a new member in Naperville.

Steve
Regards,

Maddman :revspin:

scottmullins

Postby scottmullins » Thu, Apr 29 2010, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the great posts everybody. It sure seems like the kiting community is full of very nice people.

I am looking forward to a club fly, and would be more than willing to drive. Are kids welcome? I got my two daughters each a nice delta easy flier that they really love.

Mike, love the Star Wars reference there! LOL!

I saw a video on Youtube of someone flying a stack of Rev's and that looked very cool. I would love to learn how to do that!

Is anybody going to the kite fest in Milwaukee over memorial day weekend? That looks like fun. I was thinking of taking the family up there for the weekend, doing the zoo, brewery tour, kite fest, etc.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu, Apr 29 2010, 11:24 PM

scottmullins wrote:Thanks for the great posts everybody. It sure seems like the kiting community is full of very nice people.

I am looking forward to a club fly, and would be more than willing to drive. Are kids welcome? I got my two daughters each a nice delta easy flier that they really love.

Mike, love the Star Wars reference there! LOL!

I saw a video on Youtube of someone flying a stack of Rev's and that looked very cool. I would love to learn how to do that!

Is anybody going to the kite fest in Milwaukee over memorial day weekend? That looks like fun. I was thinking of taking the family up there for the weekend, doing the zoo, brewery tour, kite fest, etc.

I am certain some of us will be there. I don't know how many. I expect to make at least one day, hopefully both. Tough to get the time away with a newborn, though.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Fri, Apr 30 2010, 02:11 PM

Kids are always welcome, Most of the festivals are geared towards kids and have a lot of activities for them. The club flies are usually at a location that has a playground, And depending on their age I have some single line kites, and a few dual line kites they could play with. And I am sure I am not the only one. If I can get my car back together tonight we may head up to Milwaukee on Saturday. And as far as the revs go if you come to a fest or club fly you wont have a choice, someone will put a set of rev handles in your hands whether you like it or not. Its kinda an initiation for the club.

Sailor99

Postby Sailor99 » Mon, May 03 2010, 03:03 PM

Scott

You will find this kite flying millarky is a great way to meet new people and make friends. I know I am biased, but some of the friendliest people I have met have been kite people. You have also landed on your feet by finding this site - IKE members have been some of the most welcome Americans I have met. Where ever you go in the world remember to take your kites. Where ever you fly them someone will invariably come over (particularly with revs) to ask about what you are doing, and before you know what you have another friend in another country!

Welcome to the dark side, and should you be in western England I would be delighted to fly with you.

Return to “Introductions”