Grant L

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Grant L

Grant L

Postby Grant L » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 09:17 PM

Hi All ,
I saw the post by clrizz over at the froum at www.kitebuilder.com about the new club so I thought I would come here and check it out.
My name is Grant Lovett and I am 44 years old. I live just west of Indianapolis and have been an air traffic controller for 17 years. Before that I taught high school for two years, ( I needed a less stressful job so I switched to air traffic controller :twisted: .)I lived in Aurora, IL for 10 years and have been down here for just over 7 years. I have been married to my lovely wife Lori for 12 years and we have a 9 yr old daughter, Piper and a 7 yr old son, Mason
I have always flown kites and have been building them for about 7 years. I build mostly single line kites but I have a couple of stunt kites and can pretty much fly them without crashing. I know Mike from the kitebuilder froum, Grand Haven and MAKR, ( Midwest Area Kitemakers Retreat.) It is hard to do with kids and work schedule, but I try to make as many festivals in the area as I can. I am almost always at Grand Haven for the Spring and Fall festivals. I have also been to the two Airwave festivals in Cincinnatt. I can usually be found on the field by looking for my Spikey, ( by the way, ask Mike about the "MiMi episode the next time you see him :twisted: ,) or my red gecko, ( a gift from my lovely wife :love: ) I hope to get a chance to meet some of you on the field :-D

Mike

Re: Grant L

Postby Mike » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 09:30 PM

Grant!
Welcome! Great to see you here!
When you say to tell about the Mimi episode, you didn't say which one! She's done that trick twice, though the Grand Haven version had better timing. :oops:

For those of you who don't know Grant, he is an amazing kite builder. and has made some incredible kites. If he hasn't made a particular kite, he has at least read the plans and has a copy hidden somewhere on his computer.

Some of our new sewers have been talking about going to MAKR. Grant will be teaching a class there this year so you'll meet him there if we don't catch him before then.

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 09:31 PM

Well, it's great to have you as a member Grant. I look forward to meeting you and I am making Grand Haven a must attend :-D I live in Montgomery, and we have another member who lives in Aurora!

Is that the one where Mimi made a break for it? :rotfl
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 09:37 PM

Teaching to ATC? Nice move... Glad to see you over here... Sounds like Mike thinks highy of you, and you've got a great brain to pick at...
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:06 PM

Welcome Grant...

Where did you live in Aurora?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Grant L

Postby Grant L » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:33 PM

Babbman wrote:Welcome Grant...

Where did you live in Aurora?

At first I lived in the appartments across from Waubonsie high School, then in the neighborhood at the corner of Ogden and montgomery, then in Yorkville, then in downtown Aurora in the Riddle Highlands Historic District just north of Rt 31 and finally back over by Waubonsie High School in the neighborhood at the corner of Montgomery and Eola. Had a switch in Spouses during the Yorkville and Riddle Highland period and ended up in a much better situation :love: :-D
I was into balsa and tissue rubber powered airplanes at the time and used to do a lot of flying over at the Dragon Lake forest preserve, ( now called the Springbrook Prairie forest preserve.) I don't miss the traffic but I sure do miss the great parks system. :(

Grant L

Postby Grant L » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:38 PM

Chris wrote:
Is that the one where Mimi made a break for it? :rotfl

The best part of the story was that I was asking Mike if he had reinforced the edge around MiMi's mouth and he was just saying :smartass: " No I didn't, but I don't think it wil need iittttt ...." Riiippp. Wooooosh :shock: There goes MiMi :rotfl ( She is sort of a big lady but boy can she move! :bash: )

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 11:32 PM

Welcome aboard Grant. Looking forward to meet you at MAKR, if not before.

Ken
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Return to “Introductions”