One Sky, One World - Fitchburg, WI

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
TheBigKiteGuy

One Sky, One World - Fitchburg, WI

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 03:33 PM

This is just a fun fly, nothing organized, except maybe a drum circle....... (I have no idea if it was orgnized or impromptu)

From their press release:

On Sunday, October 14th, kitefliers, peace and environmental activists will gather at McKee Farms Park in Fitchburg for the 22nd annual International Kite Fly for Peace.

All over the world and in countries as diverse as China, New Zealand, India, South Africa, Germany, Indonesia, Argentina, Belgium, Japan and the USA, people gather each year in mid October to fly kites for peace and environmental harmony.

The mission of One Sky One World is to promote the idea of global harmony through an expression of the universality of kites and the wind. This spirit recognizes and celebrates the rich and universal cultural heritage of the kite as a positive statement of environmental harmony, peace and friendship among people. There are no borders in the sky.

Activities between 11:00 and 4:00 p.m., include Regional Kite Flyers, Kite Making for Kids, Parachuting Critters, Prairie Glider Tosses and Large Show Kites. All kite flyers and observers are welcome. Bring your kites, friends and picnic lunches.

McKee Farms Park is off Fish Hatchery Road and McKee Road in Fitchburg. Exit at Fish Hatchery Road off the Hwy 12-18 Beltline (south side of Madison) and head south about 2 ½ miles on Fish Hatchery. After crossing McKee Road, take the next right at the Great Wisconsin Credit Union.

For more details call Paul Fieber at 271-8265, fiebers@sbcglobal.net, or Ray Blum at 663-5822, gerri.ray@charter.net.
Alan Sparling

Mike

Re: One Sky, One World - Fitchburg, WI

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 03:56 PM

Sounds like fun!
Unfortunately, I wont be in town.

For those folks that are available, it's near Madison, WI.
Here's a google map: Click Here

SkyWalker

Postby SkyWalker » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 05:10 PM

Mike wrote:Sounds like fun!
Unfortunately, I wont be in town.

For those folks that are available, it's near Madison, WI.
Here's a google map: Click Here

I'm in!!! :up:

Jeff

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Tue, Oct 16 2007, 10:00 AM

This festival got rained out last weekend and has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 21st.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mux11

Postby Mux11 » Mon, Oct 22 2007, 10:32 AM

Made the drive on the 14th despite the rain just to see if there was a chance.
Of course got back to Davenport Ia and it was clear and sunny. go figure.

Would anyone have pictures or comments?

Thanks!
James

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Mon, Oct 22 2007, 11:29 AM

A few pics are up here. http://flickr.com/photos/14230357@N03/sets/72157602596591155/

You're not the only one who made the drive last weekend. This festival has been on our wanna do list for 3 years, and this week of all weeks, I couldn't pass up the chance to fly for peaceful environments. The winds were wild, but I don't know that they were hitting 43mph like IL had! :shock: We did some parabear drops from the messanger and the SPLAT parateam has requested helmets. :wink: Another para-team was requesting GPS implants. :lol:

It's a nice festival, maybe a little more to the art side of things then some festivals. I think the homemade kites had the others out numbered, and they were all groovy cool kites. Picked a few brains for building ideas and technics, and helped set up the Swanson Kaleidoscope-an amazing kite to up get up close to and see all the work on.

Feeling a little bad we couldn't be in two places at once this weekend, but happy we were able to get to this festival finally!
TTFN,

Draftnik

Mux11

Postby Mux11 » Tue, Oct 23 2007, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the link!
Man we even brought our helmets! Sorry we missed it. I had finally gotten the calendar to work out and the wife bought in.
Oh well next year right.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Oct 23 2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks fopr sharing the photos Drafty. :up: That Kaleidoscope kite looks AMAZING!!!!

Not to worry about missing the picnic, you did say this fest has been on your list for the last three years. So we understand, but no excuses next year. :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”