Naperville 2008 Festival

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Invis

Naperville 2008 Festival

Postby Invis » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:18 PM

Naperville Park District has announced the date of next years vent. It will be June 7th and 8th at Frontier Park. Mark your calanders!

chicagokite

Re: Naperville 2008 Festival

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:24 PM

Thats right denny :up:

Naperville park district along with chicago kite has finalized the date . there will be a lot of new and exciteing
things added to this event let all hope for great winds.

thanks
Dave

www.chicagokite.com
Last edited by chicagokite on Tue, Sep 11 2007, 02:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 01:59 PM

I'm glad they moved it. There's a festival in Kenosha that I've never been able to attend because of a date conflict with the first weekend of June. This allows us to have an extra festival for IKE to go to.

What new and exciting things are being added to Naperville? I liked having the radio station and live band last year.
Naperville aways takes such good care of us, IKE should go out in full support of Naperville. Like DeKalb, Naperville will turn out to be a must go for IKE.

That park is so big, we may want to suggest opening up some of it for competition. There's enough room there for two sound systems, a demo area, a competition area, a sport kite field, a big kites area, a public fly area, ... Just a thought, I don't know anything about setting up comps.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 02:47 PM

How about Demos and Demos and more Demos :revspin: :dualspin: :up:

www.chicagokite.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 06:48 PM

Chicago Kite called me and said "no" to the competition idea. It's their festival so that's that!
Also told me that the date didn't really change, it's still the first full weekend in June. Guess I need to get a better calendar.
So, ignore most of my post above. :oops:

Who's doing the demos, demos, demos? Chicago Fire? iQuad (just kidding)?

The nice thing about Naperville is that there is room for a demo field and a sport kite field. So even sport kiters who aren't demoing can have a place to play and be protected from deadly cotton string.

This is a really nice field, and hosted by a great parks dept. It should be fun.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Sep 11 2007, 08:50 PM

i'm already looking forward to it! The field was very nice! The live band (occasionally ad-libbing about kite flying) was awesome! It was very special, i thought! :up: :mrblue:

i want a place like that in my neighborhood! :!: Yea, right!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, Sep 12 2007, 01:48 AM

So the dates start to be marked in the calender, before 2008 calendars hit the stores. :twisted:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”