Father's Day at Perry Farms

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Babbman

Re: Father's Day At Perry Farms

Postby Babbman » Thu, Jun 14 2007, 09:23 PM

TheBigKiteGuy wrote:The caterpiller is on consignment. I don't really own him. If my high pressure sales techniques don't work, he will end up on the
factory outlet page at the end of the season.

I love the caterpiller... being inside of it was rather like wearing the pair of 'drunk' glasses that you put on at the police exhibit at the county fairs...lol

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

stevebell

Postby stevebell » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 12:35 AM

I'll be there both days. It's a long drive, but I think I can do it. (four blocks!) I'll have my telescope there, too.

Dave, bring some Rev stack lines. If you have some SULs or vented at the tent, I may be tempted.

Steve

Mike

Re: Father's Day at Perry Farms

Postby Mike » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 07:32 AM

Steve, I'll have your IKE t-shirts with me--you can be one of the cool guys!

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 08:32 AM

Glad to see you'll make it both days, Mike! :-D
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 09:57 AM

The latest forecast looks great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 10:26 AM

Steve

how about b series rev :up: :revspin: :rotfl

www.chicagokite.com

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 06:32 PM

Mike, i thought that you didn't put any credence in weather forecasts... and here you are... posting stuff like a bourgeois, orthodox believer! :rotfl

Dave, i'm wanting a Silver Fox 2.3 High Wind Dualie (color blue); if you can order one, please bring a price quote to the P.F. Flyers thing.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 07:06 PM

Knoted4ever wrote:Mike, i thought that you didn't put any credence in weather forecasts... and here you are... posting stuff like a bourgeois, orthodox believer! :rotfl

busted! I only post them when they are good, I ignore the bad ones :-D

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 09:22 PM

Jeff,

We're bringing the sutton tomarrow.

I'm off to see about that tail tab one more time...
TTFN,

Draftnik

SkyWalker

Postby SkyWalker » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 10:39 PM

Draftnik wrote:Jeff,

We're bringing the sutton tomarrow.

I'm off to see about that tail tab one more time...

Thanks Chris!!! If there's wind enough this weekend, maybe we can put it up :) It'll be nice to see the 252 flying once again.

Well....I'd better finish packing & then hit the road!!!! If I'm lucky, I might make it down there by 4am. Was hoping to leave earlier, but it didn't pan out that way.

c'yall this weekend!

Jeff Hale

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 11:11 PM

SkyWalker wrote:
Well....I'd better finish packing & then hit the road!!!! If I'm lucky, I might make it down there by 4am. Was hoping to leave earlier, but it didn't pan out that way.

c'yall this weekend!

Jeff Hale

I don't know how you drive all night, fly at the festival and then often drive home through the night.

I was wiped out by the drive to and from North Dakota and flying all weekend. I was worthless at work for a couple of days and I actually
took a day off on either side of the festival for the drive.
Alan Sparling

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 11:19 PM

:poop I didn't expect to get a REPLY!!

Are you bringing me another?
TTFN,

Draftnik

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Sat, Jun 16 2007, 10:46 PM

We had a good time today. Got to meet and hang with Backdraft and family, Invis' wife and daughter, met some interesting locals, and watched the comps. Kids had a blast on their adventure to the caves. JJ got a early fathers day treat flying. I just hung out all day-caught some friendly flack for it, :roll: and I don't reget it. I'm feeling decompressed now and that was much needed.

Would like to know who was flying the big white kite that looked like the jellyfish. I wandered down to the big kite field to see who belonged to it, but no one was flying it by the time I got down there. :cry:

We left and headed to Ladd for an oil change at Rips. No one we talked with today had even heard of Rips!! Someone in this club besides us, surely has to have been there!?!?
TTFN,

Draftnik

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Jun 17 2007, 09:22 PM

Perry Farm was a lot of great fun... despite the very hot weather and the challenging lack of wind on the second day! i knew, late today, that the festival was over when they hauled (via truck) that awesome bovine statue away; right after that, my kite lost its steer capacity! :dualspin:
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Sun, Jun 17 2007, 09:29 PM

Knoted4ever wrote:...my kite lost its steer capacity! :dualspin:

:rotfl
TTFN,

Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Jun 18 2007, 05:51 AM

Boy Tom, you sure have been milking those cow jokes!

By the way, for those of you that hadn't heard the "cow" song they were playing on Sunday, here it is:
http://www.shagrat.net/Portfolio/cows.swf

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Jun 18 2007, 07:52 AM

These cow comments are becoming UTTERLY ridiculous.

Trying to squeeze every last drop out of them, eh?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Jun 18 2007, 08:03 AM

for those who weren't there.

Chrisx2 were enticed (shamed... encouraged...lol) to compete in the Open Singles Multiline Ballet competition on Sunday. It was the 1st AKA competition for both of us. Will we do it again? Yup... the only thing we have to figure out is how to fit another set of places into our schedule and another set of practice times.... I don't know if our wives will put up with it. We could probably COW them into letting us do it but I am sure that eventually, they will get fed up with us not being home... lol

The wind conditions COULD have been better (like being there at all) but over all it was fun and Chris R. took 3rd place.

The other competitors were extremely helpful and nice to us and it was a good experience.

Other than that, the wind for the entire day pretty much non-existent and it was a little more than hot...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:51 AM

Babbman wrote:
...the wind for the entire day pretty much non-existent...

Kind of makes it a moo point, doesn't it.

(Honestly, I have no idea what I'm talking about, just wanted to make a cow joke.)
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon, Jun 18 2007, 07:21 PM

I have to say, even though the winds were bad, and it was HOT, the competition was really cool! Thanks to Ann for asking us to compete, and answering all the questions related to the competition! :thanks:

And a big thanks to all the other competitors/judges and directors for being so helpful! :up: :up:

The only unfortunate thing is as Chris mentioned before, is I can't fully commit to a full competition schedule. I would really like to go all the way, but I would have to drop everything else I am involved with right now to give 100% to competing.

As most of our members know, I am one of the fliers on our soon to be named quad team and I have to give this my utmost attention. (second to my family, of course :wink: )

That being said, if I happen to be going to a festival where a competition is taking place, Ann, you can count on me being a registered competitor. But for now I just can't add several more festivals to my schedule :(

BTW, pics here- http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=63
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”