IIT Event Fly - 05-22-2007

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Babbman

IIT Event Fly - 05-22-2007

Postby Babbman » Wed, May 23 2007, 08:27 AM

Chicago Kite did an event at IIT in Chicago last night that ran from 5:30 - 7:00.

It was rather interesting. The event was for the retirement of the President of IIT and we were background.. I won't say the the small area we had to fly in was all that great but at least there was enough wind to keep 1 of Mike's single line kites up in the air the entire time and more time that not, there was some wind to fly dualies and quads. It was a lot of work keeping my SUL up though.

I popped a 2 wrap rod for the 1st time last night while trying to do a dive stop on Dave.. :rotfl I must have done the stop at the exact instant of a slight gust and that thing went off like a gunshot... no damage to the sail though.

I'll post some pictures later tonight.

we had a few spectators who chatted with us, one whom I gave our card to and invited out to Naperville... one of the event planners came up to me and asked me what kite fliers call themselves.... um, I told her "Kite Fliers"..

Thanks to Dave and Bob for asking me to be involved... I had fun as I love to be in the city..

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

chicagokite

Re: IIT Event Fly - 05-22-2007

Postby chicagokite » Thu, May 24 2007, 12:58 PM

:rotfl

your welcome Chris it was a pleasure hearing a pop go off like a fire cracker :rotfl :revspin: :up:

www.chicagokite.com

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”