Woodridge 07

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Chris

Woodridge 07

Postby Chris » Sat, May 19 2007, 07:21 PM

Had a great time today, weather was great! :up: The wind could of been a little more consistent, but hey, at least there was wind :wink:

This was really the first year for this event, after combing three events into one. Babbman and I had a good time flying. We put up a few slk's and did our quad thing... :twisted:

Mike from Chicago Kite put up his big 7M flowform and some really cool line laundry.

But the day did not go without incident :shock:
After David tried to use his easy up as a kite :rotfl Someone ( :roll: ) managed to get their kite stuck on the crane :( It was a new crane so grease was all over the boom, and eventually all over the kite :oops:

The highlight of the day was meeting Mike (already forgot his last name :oops: ) and his neice and nephew. He made a sled out of a plastic garbage bag, and after working the bugs out, it flew great! :up:

I managed to take a few pics, check them out here-- http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=58
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Re: Woodridge 07

Postby Babbman » Sat, May 19 2007, 10:35 PM

It was a fun event... meeting Mike made our presence worth it as he is also a pack leader for cub scouts and asked if we would be interested in doing something yet to be determined for them.

The wind was challenging, to say the least... there one minute, gone the next and at times, even though it was there, everything fell out of the sky... call it 'ghost' wind.

The people at the event really need to see more kiting as they all seemed to be oblivious of our lines and what we were doing, except for the police who seemed to watch us more than the general public... maybe they knew both Chris and I are the sons of cops...lol.. or we looked 'shifty' or something...lol

Davis's tent blowing away was really pretty hilarious. :rotfl Mikes delta in the crane was not and I really felt bad that his beautiful kite was pretty greased up...

There was also a soccer game going on at the same time and the players and coaches/parents were all very well behaved and good mannered towards us. With the exception of 2 kids who tried to throw my SUL out of the way because they wanted to use the field (didn't they even see the other 30 people in the same field flying?) it was all pretty good.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Sun, May 20 2007, 09:36 AM

oh :rotfl

this one for the books

Dave
www.chicagokite.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, May 22 2007, 08:06 AM

The above photo is pretty funny until you see this one in the album:

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Tue, May 22 2007, 08:39 AM

I felt bad for Mike on that one... The wind was pretty shifty... lots of grease there...

Nothing was as funny though as David chasing after his tent as it was cartwheeling across the parking lot... wish we had video of that one...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Tue, May 22 2007, 10:03 AM

[quote="Mike"]The above photo is pretty funny until you see this one in the album:
Image[quote]

:cry: That's one of my favorite kites. Can it be cleaned up?
TTFN,
Draftnik

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Tue, May 22 2007, 10:06 AM

hi chris

yes it can with a little goo gone nasty grease

:evil: www.chicagokite.com

SkyWalker

Postby SkyWalker » Thu, May 24 2007, 05:32 PM

Draftnik wrote:
Mike wrote:The above photo is pretty funny until you see this one in the album:

:cry: That's one of my favorite kites. Can it be cleaned up?

I'd try some Lestoil on it. Lestoil

Back in the good old 80's when I was in high school & working part time at the local McDonalds, my Ma introduced me to this wonderful product. It never failed to get all the greasy / oily stains out of my 'oh so sexxy' polyester uniform / work smock (uggghh!!). To this day, I still keep a bottle of it around...just in case.

Apply directly & let sit for a few hours or even overnight if the stains have been set for a long time....then launder (I'd either handwash it in the tub or throw it in a front-loading washer using warm water). You might need to use a soft bristled brush any any really stubborn areas. Line dry...or fly it dry. :up:

good luck!!!

PS: Nice kite....been thinking about adding one of those to my own delta collection for some time now. Surprisingly, those lattice deltas with fly quite well even in relatively light winds!!

get high on kites...but not too high ;)

Jeff Hale
:LogoRevAni:

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”