Airwaves

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Frodos Majik

Airwaves

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Apr 02 2007, 10:44 PM

Just let anyone that are going to be attending the Cincinnati Airwaves fest, I will be attending and my wife WILL be accompanying me !!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Re: Airwaves

Postby Mike » Tue, Apr 03 2007, 07:08 AM

I'll be there too!
Here's some more info on Airwaves. I can email the parking pass to any AKA members who are going. Just email me or PM me.
There's a ton of room for flying, and it would be fun to have some more Red Shirts there. :up:

---------------------------
It is time for the Airwaves Kite Fest.

WGUC 90.9, West Chester Township and P.I.G.S. Aloft are again presenting the Airwaves Kite Fest at VOA Park just North of Cincinnati. This year Airwaves is a two day event, April 14 & 15, from Noon to 5:00.

Note: AKA members should arrive by 11:30 to park next to the flying areas along banner row. The parking pass attached to this email will get you into this special parking. Please display this pass in your vehicle. Also no vehicles will be permitted to leave this area until after 5:00pm. After 11:30am there will be no vehicle access to this area. AKA members are invited to a dinner on Saturday evening complements of P.I.G.S. Aloft. So, come early and stay for the dinner.

Please RSVP to weflykites@cinci.rr.com by Tuesday, April 10, if you are planning to attend the complementary dinner.

A field is being reserved for kite clubs and AKA members. And there will be a hospitality tent for AKA members in this area. Be sure to register at this tent when you arrive and pick up your “identifying bandannaâ€

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Apr 13 2007, 07:17 AM

Forecast:
Saturday: Periods of rain, mainly after 11am. High near 45. East wind between 8 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Periods of rain, mixing with snow after 11pm. Low around 34. North wind between 15 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a north wind between 16 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Dang. Instead of club t-shirts, we should have made club parkas!

As of now, I'm still heading out there. The forecast could be wrong, right? right? right? siiiiiiigh

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Fri, Apr 13 2007, 07:35 AM

One thing I have learned is that forecasts are totally unreliable. (It was supposed to rain the last three days of Berck, three beautiful days.) I have become very fatalistic, I go were I am supposed to go, it rains or it doesn't, the wind blows or it doesn't, the kites fly or they don't. All of the mental effort in worrying about the weather is wasted.

The only thing I do differently when faced with a forecast like this is to make sure I have several tarps to cover things and pack a fleece and a Goretex shell.
Alan Sparling

ZippyD

Postby ZippyD » Fri, Apr 13 2007, 04:44 PM

I'm still in for Sunday...and a beverage of choice Saturday night if anyone is game.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Apr 13 2007, 06:10 PM

I am all packed and am heading out the door as soon as I am done here. Screw the weathermen!! They know NOTHING!!!!!!! Look at Kentucky two weeks ago, right Dan.

Dan give me a call when you guys get in town, I am up for tipping a few back. Krissy might even join us. So I will see all that are making it out to Airwaves, and for those who do not, they will just have to live through our pictures, when we get back. :up:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 12:58 AM

Well my eyes have cleared up and I can see straight now.

Yes as Mike stated in another posting, the weathermen were right for one of the days and they had canceled the fest on saturday. But a few of us true die hearts went out in between rain drops and flew for about an hour or so. Those fliers were yours truly, Mike, Zack Gorden and Ben from Rev., Ben sure did find out how much fun the weather here in the mid-west can be. After that everybody just hung out in the Airwaves building for most of the day, shooting the breeze and or playing games to kill the time. P.I.G.S. Aloft were GREAT hosts, and had a great dinner for everyone.

On sunday Ol' Ma nature sure made up for lost time with the wind, with gusts up some where between 25/30mph !! :shock: And it was quite COLD too. But that did not stop anybody from getting their stuff up in the sky. :twisted: :P Chicago Fire put on a good show for the crowds as always that rolled though all day long. The field was unbelievably HUGE and well worth the drive there and will plan on going again next year!! :up:

Please take a look in the album under Kite Fest for the picture that I have posted there, just a few too many to post here.

on a side note: Chris, Ron says Hi and was sorry you were not able to make it.

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Apr 20 2007, 04:31 PM

A photo of Dan, Ken, and me appears in online newspaper.
Ken and I also appear for about a second in the video on the site.
Here's the photo and text (the Revs look good :-D ):
[imglr=left]http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/01/04/95/slide_95041_pj041507kitefestp1.jpg[/imglr]
Dan Dalton watches as Mike Kory, middle, and Ken Krueger, right, perform some acrobatics with their Revolution quad line stunt kites Sunday afternoon during Kitefest at Voice of America Park in West Chester. The strong winds didn't keep the performers from showing off for the crowd.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sat, Apr 21 2007, 01:38 AM

TOO KWEL!!!!!

We just CANNOT stay out of the paper no matter where we turn up!!! :twisted:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Apr 21 2007, 05:37 AM

and this time it wasn't' our handsome faces that got us in :oops: :-D

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Apr 22 2007, 02:06 AM

Well looking at the picture.

Do to all the heavy clothing we had on, I know it was not because of our sexy figures. :hiding:

So it must have been our flying skills. :guns:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”