The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Mike

Re: The Grandest Haven

Postby Mike » Thu, Apr 05 2007, 06:10 PM

groooooaaaaaan :-D

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Apr 05 2007, 09:40 PM

ZippyD wrote:Maybe we should take this off line Knotted, but I have spent a year on the verge of selling my Deep Space. I love my Gems and just haven't found a place where I feel the same about it yet. Maybe you and I can set aside some time at GH and you can introduce the two of us. Dan, Deep Space, Deep Space, Dan.

i fly my Deep Spaces a lot more than my Gems. i prefer the Deep Space when the winds are higher. My favorite kites, though, when the winds are a bit low or moderate (i.e., regular) are the Sea Devil Light and the Sea Devil Standard; they are unbeatable! :up:

When the winds are a bit high, the SDs can make a loud snoring sound... which can be cured by making them come to life from a state of deep lethargy.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Apr 06 2007, 12:45 AM

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Invis you crack me up!!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

SkyWalker

Postby SkyWalker » Wed, Apr 11 2007, 08:10 AM

Knoted4ever wrote:
Mike wrote:We can settle the $ in Grand Haven.
I'm the only guy with a car and you guys don't know how early I like to hit the beach :twisted:

i was there early, last year in Grand Haven, and don't remember seeing you there early. :roll: i met TeeCee and his wonderful father there, for instance, and we had a nice talk, before the winds woke for the day.

Take it from me...Mike hits the beach EARLY. I can vouch for him, as I was out there by 5 - 5:30AM working on setting up the big rainbow banner display. Mike showed up shortly thereafter with his Revs...and stopped by to introduce himself & chat.

:up: Jeff Hale - SkyWalker
Last edited by SkyWalker on Tue, Apr 17 2007, 01:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:17 PM

ZippyD wrote:Maybe we should take this off line Knotted, but I have spent a year on the verge of selling my Deep Space. I love my Gems and just haven't found a place where I feel the same about it yet. Maybe you and I can set aside some time at GH and you can introduce the two of us. Dan, Deep Space, Deep Space, Dan.

Dan, i just took my new video camcorder out (yesterday, April 15th) for my first official video shoot... and the kite that i used, because the winds were rather high and gusty... was the Deep Space. The video came out very nice indeed! :mrblue: i'll have to burn a disk and bring it to give to you at Grand Haven. i cannot upload it, as i have very slow speed dial up; i'll have to get one of you high speed folks to upload it for me one of these days.

Deep Spaces do the best Rolling Cascades and Insanes, as well as a lot of other nice tricks; they excel at doing Barrel Rolls... and are great for days with higher winds and a lot of gusts.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

ZippyD

Postby ZippyD » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 06:53 AM

I can't wait to see it, Tom!

Invis

Postby Invis » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 10:18 AM

Ash and I will be arriving in GH late Friday evening. I'm testing in Chicago on Wed., Flying to Vegas Thursday, back to Chicago Friday about 1pm, drive to home change cars and head to GH. Bringing Video and digital cameras along with camp stove and cooler. Can you imbibe on the beach?

later,
Invis

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 09:05 PM

Man, Invis... you'll be busy!

i don't know if you can imbibe on the beach! They (the police) were tough on me when i was trying to get into my prepaid campsite at 2am (and the campsite was fenced in totally and locked)... and they gave me a Breathalyzer test... which registered (to their disappointment) all zeros! :mrblue:
Tom P.

Invis

Postby Invis » Wed, Apr 18 2007, 08:23 AM

Just got an updated itinerary from the organization that is sending me to Vegas. It seems I wont get back to Chicago until 11:30 pm. I will probably try to sleep on the trip back and get an hour or so at home and leave around 3am to get to GH by early Sat morning. Mike did I hear you mention that your staying Sunday night? Sound good to me as I'm loosing Friday.
Invis

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Apr 18 2007, 09:36 AM

yup. we'll fly a little on the uncrowded beach on Monday before heading back home.

Invis

Postby Invis » Fri, Apr 27 2007, 08:33 AM

OK...the Vegas trip has been canceled. I will be in GH early Friday morning for the entire weekend! :up:

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Apr 27 2007, 08:52 AM

great! Don't forget that cool sign you had made.
Can you bring it to Decatur too? Or maybe Tom can pick it up from you if you can't make it?

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Apr 27 2007, 11:45 PM

Sorry to hear the trip to Vegas has been canceled Invis. But really glad to hear that because of it, you will be in G. H. for the whole weekend!!!!! :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Invis

Postby Invis » Mon, Apr 30 2007, 01:53 PM

I'm bringing my camp stove and some cookware. I make a mean chili dog and if you guys are up for it will be able to make lunch for the gang on Saturday.
Bring your own Peptobismol!
Invis

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, May 12 2007, 09:54 PM

If someone has an extra metal ground stake that is long, please bring it for me to borrow. i have a large banner and a telescoping pole... but do not have a stake and may not have the time to get to a suitable store. i'll look around here at home and see what i can dig up.
Tom P.

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Sat, May 12 2007, 10:21 PM

Consider solid fiberglass rod, it does less damage to the pole. Usually available at your local Farm and Fleet for use with electrified fences.
Alan Sparling

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, May 13 2007, 06:18 AM

and what does this banner look like?

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, May 14 2007, 08:50 PM

It looks like my mother-in-law.

Actually, it is just various horizontal colors; but it does have red at the very top!
Tom P.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, May 16 2007, 11:45 PM

So, what time do folks hit the beach on Friday?

It looks like I'll be able to do Friday only. Unless things change tomorrow. Which is still possible, but I'm fairly certain I'm OK for Friday. I hate last minute stuff, but it's unavoidable this weekend.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Thu, May 17 2007, 12:37 AM

Friday is a more laid back day. Of course Lee will probably be out early.

Found the Synergy Decca, you can fly that on Friday.
Alan Sparling

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”