Pontiac Kite Festival Perchance

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Frodos Majik

Re: Pontiac Kite Festival Perchance

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Aug 26 2007, 11:58 PM

Yes once again a first annual fest goes in the books as a HUGE success!!!!!!!! :up: Looking forward to a great one next year!!!!! :mrblue: :mrblue:

We received a super warm welcome from everybody. A HUGE "Thank You" goes out to everybody from the Mayor, Ellie and all who were involved with running the show, they were very appreciative for all that EVERYBODY did!!!!!! :up:

SUPER BIG :thanks: goes out to Paul for bring out all the MIKE & IKE candy and the barrier markers, plus working the crowds on saturday!!!!!!!!! Ann, GREAT job as always on the mike with keeping the crowds very informed on what the flier/fliers are doing and just did! Tom, Zach and Josh, words cannot describe your flying skills!!!! The giant kite were spectacular, bringing in and wowing the crowds with their enormous sizes. As ALWAYS Ike was represented very well!!! A huge :up: to all!!

Al's barrel is a sight to behold. :shock: :shock:
I got a shot of it with Mike and Zack flying by it. Here it is... [albumimg]1093[/albumimg]

Yes the weathermen were right on target with the forecast. NOT!! :roll: Saturday was better then sunday but there was flying to be had on sunday, just not as much. As it was posted from others, the mayor is a natural at flying a quad. I could not believe how well he was doing in such crappy winds. I also have to tip my hat off to the spectators as they never gave up on us on sunday with the crappy conditions we had today.

The rok battles were fun and yes I think I won most of the battles, even though Nick and Bean(Zack) gave me a good run for the money. I'll be ready for DeKalb. I'm not scared. Just Bring it!! :P :twisted:
Yes Betty will be going up the knife during the week for some weight reduction. :oops: Just a little baby fat. :lol:

and last but not least, Chris GREAT job getting the fest on film!!! :up: Sorry you were not able to stay for sunday. :(
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Aug 27 2007, 06:08 AM

Ditto to all the previous comments about the fest... A good time, good friends, fairly decent winds... the only thing that could be improved would be to get the rev flying area we used cut a little shorter for next year...

As for things that didn't get mentioned...

Dinner on Sat was a lot of fun also... the pizza was about the best I have ever had.

Some of us met over at the bowling alley and shot pool for a few hours after dinner... I laughed so hard for so long that the back of my head hurt... we got a chance to know Shawn a little better and are looking forward to what the future of our kite clubs working together will bring... in the end, the table cost us all of $2.40 for the night... cheapest pool I have ever shot!

Sorry I missed the mayor flying but the look on my daughters face when I showed up at home early than they expected made it worth it... :up:

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Mon, Aug 27 2007, 10:18 AM

Wow

What a great time thanks guys and gals for comeing out to this 1st of what We hope is many.
To the Mayor and Ellie A great success on your 1st kite fly :up:
Al ,Bob ,Sean, Mike H and Tony Thanks for the show kites :up:

The club ike thanks for all the Quad and duals :LogoRevAni: :up:
Josh And Zach Thanks for the effort with no wind conditions :up:
Ann Thanks for announcing it really brought a great side to the event :up:

The Field was great Tom you we right on about that. :up: Our pics will be up tomarow
:thanks: :up:

Dave

www.chicagokite.com
Last edited by chicagokite on Tue, Aug 28 2007, 12:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 10:26 AM

Here is just a few

Thanks
http://www.chicagokite.com
Last edited by chicagokite on Tue, Aug 28 2007, 12:03 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 11:31 AM

Dave,
nice shots of the big kites. I gotta walk out there more often, Sean's stuff looked pretty cool.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 04:58 PM

Good thing the fest was over the weekend

we could have had a little excitement

this was on the news

Six Handguns Found in Locker at Pontiac High School (Audio)
Three Students in Custody

(WGN-AM) - The police chief in downstate Pontiac says a concerned student led police to six handguns kept in a high school locker. Three students were taken into custody.

The discovery led to a lockdown of about three hours at Pontiac Township High School.

Pontiac Police Chief Dale Newsome says students were never in any danger. Newsome says an officer assigned to the school immediately found the six handguns and arrested the three suspects.

A dozen more officers searched the entire school as a precaution. Newsome says he's confident he has all of the people involved.

Newsome won't say if the three students had a plan, or a motive.

Livingston County prosecutors say the three students are all juveniles, so they won't name them.

The State's Attorney's office says it's likely the three will be charged as adults.

www.chicagokite.com

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 10:10 PM

Lynn, who works as an assistant in my classroom for the handicapped, was very concerned today. Her daughter is a student at Pontiac High School. She was safe... and spent a long time within an office of one of the teachers. The High School was in code Red today for a long time... no one could leave and no one could enter. Pretty scary stuff, i think! Rumor has it that one of the boys in custody admitted that he was planning on shooting a lot of people at around lunch time.

We live in impoverished times in terms of awareness and decency. When i was in High School my weapon of choice was a Suzy-Q!... now kids are bringing in semi-automatics!

The officials should take the kid who squealed to Disney World for a month (on them); thank goodness for that compassionate kid!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 11:20 PM

:shock: Just goes to show small town/big city, it really does not matter!! and it is a real shame times have come to this too!!! :cry: :cry:

Dave nice shots. :up:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Wed, Aug 29 2007, 07:48 AM

thanks ken

yep small town large town doesnt matter any more
www.chicagokite.com

TourPontiac

Postby TourPontiac » Thu, Aug 30 2007, 08:55 PM

HI Everyone! Just wanted to say :thanks: for making our first kite festival such a success! All of your help is what made the event one that everyone is looking forward to doing again. I could not have done it without all your wonderful, friendly and knowledgable club members! Thanks for making me look good! I look forward to working with you all again next year!

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Aug 30 2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks for inviting all of us!

(and those kids weren't going to shoot anyone, there wasn't any ammo. They were going to sell them though.)

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Aug 30 2007, 09:57 PM

Yes, i'm very glad that the Pontiac Festival worked out so well! It was a lot of pure, decent fun! :mrblue:

It's a very good thing that those high school kids were not planning, after all, with shooting others in the school; still some serious business (with selling guns within a school), but it could have been a lot worse!
i'm glad that they got the perpetrators!
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Aug 30 2007, 10:09 PM

Thanks for inviting all of us!

:ditto

its always fun being asked to come out and play!!! :mrblue:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”