wind socks

Links to individual plans and discussion of the plans for all kinds of kites.
Frodos Majik

wind socks

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Jan 07 2007, 08:23 PM

I know that simple wind socks aint no BIG thang, but since I now have a digital camera and can post, I will. :P :rotfl Here is a few pictures of some materials I got this afternn, going to make some wind socks out of. I figure with the royal 69sled and my "Jolly Rogers" I might as well make some line junk to hold up too. :-D
Attachments
P1070016.JPG
P1070016.JPG (48.27 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
P1070015.JPG
P1070015.JPG (37.89 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Chris

Re: wind socks

Postby Chris » Sun, Jan 07 2007, 08:53 PM

Very cool combinations :up: Where did you get the fabric?
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Jan 07 2007, 09:20 PM

If I told you that I'd have to KILL you. :rotfl :rotfl ( ssshhhh JoAnnes) all cotton material in the novelty items.

Of course at 100ft or better you wont be able to tell what it is, but it will look kwel as hell going up and coming down. :roll: :up: :rotfl :up:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Jan 09 2007, 12:37 AM

Update on the socks...

Got the tube and tails for the "under the sea" sock cut out tonight. The tube is hemmed and sewn complete. Thanks Chris for the suggestion of using weed whacker line for forming circles, works great!! :up: I will be able to finish the tails and start the toasted pirates tomorrow night. :-) I have the tube cut out but have to get more flame material on a count of it being to short. I had bought before researching the layout. :oops: :( They both will have an eight inch circle with 15in long tube and five 36in tails.
Attachments
P1080018.jpg
P1080018.jpg (189.58 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue, Jan 09 2007, 05:08 AM

Cool Ken! Keepit up :up:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Knoted4ever

Re: Wind Socks

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Jan 09 2007, 08:36 PM

They look neat, Ken! :mrviolet:

i'll have to make or buy more stuff for the Kite Fest that i will be hosting in Dwight, where i work (with individuals who are multiply handicapped). It (the Kite Fest) will be sometime in June, during the weekdays; and it will be in a small park across the street from where the facility is... called Harmony Park. i'll probably post more on it in the future. Maybe i can borrow a few flying things from you guys for that event; or maybe one or two of you may even want to show up to help out! Some of the guys had a blast flying small single line kites at last year's event! :up: A large number of the individuals at the facility attended the event last year; a good number of them do not have the IQ to care to fly kites... they don't have the attention span to watch a kite for more than a few seconds... but even those did enjoy the flowing colors now and then... and the movements of the banners and spinners! So it was fun for all! :mrgreen:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:59 PM

Tom, those are always a possibility. :-)

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Return to “Plans”