Guatemalan Kite

Links to photos of anything kite related.
Hector Herrera

Guatemalan Kite

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Jan 19 2008, 08:53 PM

Since there are no postings today, here is a picture of a guatemalan kite. Can you tell wich one it is?
Attachments
DSC01399.JPG
One is a Guatemalan kite
DSC01399.JPG (208.42 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Frodos Majik

Re: Guatemalan Kite

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Jan 20 2008, 01:37 AM

Ummm could it be the one most left? Looks GREAT in that wonderful blue sky Hector.

AS far as no posting today(saturday) between those who are out in Florida and SINGLE DIGITS temps everybody is hibernating like a bear around here. :shock: :evil: The 21st of Feb sure cannot get here soon enough!! :twisted:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Tue, Jan 22 2008, 01:46 PM

Well, I am guessing that the two delta's on the right are Premier, probably in the 9' or 11' range. The third delta from the right looks like a Gomberg Shazam in the warm colors, 11' delta.

The Rok.....have to thing about that one but possible a Premier design....very nice rok for sure, I don't recall Premier making that design and from the picture it looks to have some really nice detail in it. Good looking kite.

That leaves the far left kite as the Guatemalan. At first I thought it was a ghost pyro but looking closer shows that it is quite unique. I would love to have a closer picture of it. It appears to be close to a Rok in design but more evenly shaped. Love the tails coming off of it too.

that's my guesses anyways.
Last edited by awindofchange on Tue, Jan 22 2008, 01:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jan 22 2008, 08:15 PM

I'm going with the kite on the left too.
Is it a traditional tissue paper hexagon, or did you use modern materials (ripstop nylon)?

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Tue, Jan 22 2008, 08:24 PM

Mike wrote:I'm going with the kite on the left too.
Is it a traditional tissue paper hexagon, or did you use modern materials (ripstop nylon)?

Modern materials is right Mike. There is no time to waste making a kite, with soft paper and a day later is in the trash, With ripstop nylon this kite is gonna last me a long time. You'll see it At HB Party.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Return to “Photos”