*FRENCH BRIDLES*

Links to videos of anything kite related.
Hector Herrera

*FRENCH BRIDLES*

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, Aug 05 2007, 01:20 AM

Hi everyone! I am happy to announce that those French Bridles are a real success!!! :clap :clap :clap

I was able to do "GROUND PANCAKES, AXELS, AND FLIC-FLACS" and some real good ground recovery. (it sounds like dual kite flying) It was real nice and I had a lot of fun doing those tricks, I am totally convinced that the french Bridles, are much better than the regular bridles, but that's just ME, my opinion, and I like to shear with you what I did today. The video is of poor quality, we know why allready, and for been the first time with these bridles in my Revo. 1.5 .......I guess I did pretty good. :clap :clap Anyway I let you be the judge.

:oops: Video is in processing...I will post it tomorrow
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Sun, Aug 05 2007, 09:37 AM, edited 1 time in total.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Re: *FRENCH BRIDLES*

Postby Mike » Sun, Aug 05 2007, 05:34 AM

Hector, can you post a link so we can see how the French bridles are tied?

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, Aug 05 2007, 09:17 AM

Video is ready...Enjoy it. 8)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0519&hl=en

Quite of course mike, it is my pleasure. To be honest, this system beats the regular bridles by a mile and some. SUGGESTION... TRY IT. YOU'LL LIKE IT. :clap :clap :clap
Attachments
revobridafranc.jpg
Dimention are in millimeters, they have to be exact or the closest it can be. you can also adjust at the knots on your handles. From Los Angeles, California. Hector Herrera. Mr. Guatemalan KiteFlyer.
revobridafranc.jpg (26.87 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sun, Aug 05 2007, 09:38 AM

Nice job, Hector.

The reverse flying was really smooth.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Aug 06 2007, 09:03 AM

nice flic-flacs too.
I think that kind of bridle is often known as a turbo bridle. It seems like it might reduce precision. Did you notice any difference when trying to do clockwork turns, or sudden starts and stops?

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Mon, Aug 06 2007, 07:46 PM

Mike wrote:nice flic-flacs too.
I think that kind of bridle is often known as a turbo bridle. It seems like it might reduce precision. Did you notice any difference when trying to do clockwork turns, or sudden starts and stops?

Yes, starts are the same, stops are a bit different, if you pull to fast or hard on the verticals, it has the tendency to over do. On the clock work,...hmmm...I can't tell since I am not very good at it yet, but it turns, stops, and do everything you want to. I am sure it's a matter of getting used to it, and again practice, practice, practice. Just like everything. But one thing I am sure of, is, it does tricks a lot better.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 07 2007, 01:25 PM

Here's a French turbo bridle from the original guy that I found on my hard drive. It's more complicated though.

And here's a photo that I have on my hard drive. It seems to be similar to this bridle, though I'm guessing it's from a Spanish site.

I think the idea behind a turbo bridle is that it is supposed to adjust when the kite is doing different maneuvers, some lines go slack and some tighten up.
One of you dual-line experts can probably correct me or give more info on this as Turbo bridles are usually more of a dual-line thing.

I also found another photo on my drive which is the same as Hector's except a couple numbers are different.

Hector, I have a question on your Turbo Bridle. Is the place where you attach the flying lines (the pigtails) about the same distance from the kite as the standard bridle?

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Tue, Aug 07 2007, 08:51 PM

Yes, those are the Turbo Bridles!!! I had seen them before, but it looks complicated and I did not want so much work. But who knows, I might try them sometime. As for the question about the distance from the kite, the standar bridles are 33 cm. away, and the french bridles are 44 cm. away.
And you are right again about the duals using a similar bridle, I have the Deep Space kite from Benson and they have the same system or similar.
Attachments
Picture 143 (Large).jpg
Picture 143 (Large).jpg (149.34 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Picture 152 (Large).jpg
Picture 152 (Large).jpg (81.42 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 07 2007, 09:07 PM

Hector, thanks for the photos. And thanks to your family too--I can see some female hands helping in the last photo. :-D

I'll have to try your kite out next time I'm in your area. Maybe on New Years Day? Isn't there a big San Diego fly on that day?

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 07 2007, 09:09 PM

Oh, and speaking of axels with a Rev...
I'm gonna have to get some video of Zach doing 540's with his stock revolution (no bridle changes, no magic stix).

Return to “Videos”