E2 Submarine

Links to videos of anything kite related.
Hector Herrera

E2 Submarine

Postby Hector Herrera » Mon, May 07 2007, 08:39 PM

Tom...!!! knoted4ever...!!!
I am sure you are gonna like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjbM7xsdTxU

and for all IKER's
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Re: E2 Submarine

Postby Mike » Tue, May 08 2007, 08:59 AM

Cool! thanks Hector.

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Tue, May 08 2007, 10:58 PM

I saw Barresi do that at Brookings a couple of years ago. I don't know what kind of kite he was flying.

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Wed, May 09 2007, 08:09 PM

I BET THEY CANNOT MAKE A REVO. SWIM... :wink:

AT THE BEACH... :shock: :rotfl Man, I really like the first picture, it's got some energy flowing don't you think?.
Attachments
AHH... I like swiming at the sea....jpg
Just like a kid playing with SAND AND SEA WATER...
AHH... I like swiming at the sea....jpg (56.56 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Ahhh..Que rica el agua de Mar...Hmmm.jpg
Aaahh...is nice in California beaches...
Ahhh..Que rica el agua de Mar...Hmmm.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, May 09 2007, 08:43 PM

Thanks Hector! :up:

That E2 aquatic clip looks like it was taken from the Prism Freestyle Pilot DVD. A fire-colored E2 is used at the beginning and toward the end of that intructional DVD. When we were at Lake Storey last weekend... we went swimming, but i left my kite where it belonged... high and dry! :wink:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Wed, May 09 2007, 09:34 PM

Somewhere I have a tape of someone, (one of the Hadzicki brothers I think), flying a Rev into and out of water from about ten years ago or so.
Alan Sparling

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Thu, May 10 2007, 02:53 PM

The B-series Rev DVD has a section on it where John submerses a Rev into the water on several occasions. One in particular he drops the kite in leading edge first, spins it underwater and it emerges leading edge first. Very cool. Only way to get the video is to purchase the B-series Rev...it comes with it.

And the E2 video is the one that is taken from the Prism Freestyle Pilot DVD. Looking through the other videos listed it looks like there are a few of the instructional tutorials that have been copied and put there from the same video. I don't think Prism has given their approval to have the videos on there. Pretty cool to watch nonetheless.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, May 10 2007, 02:58 PM

I've seen that video... the water flying is very cool and according to John, all he did was SLOWLY walk backwards while doing it...

The only time we tried water flying was in Naperville last year in November... Ken, Chris & I had a blast playing around but kept sinking our kites... I guess a vented ISN'T the right kite for full submersion..lol

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, May 10 2007, 08:44 PM

i remember that while at Naperville, with one of my dualies, i occasionally let the legs of the kite splash the water and quickly exited out of it. i did not let my kite fully sink at all though; no way!

i was flying for a little while after work today, at Clifton High School. Winds were quite low; but they were super steady. It was a blast doing repeated Jacobs Ladders and such. When i packed up to leave... of course, the winds picked up more and it was even better for flying; it gets me when it does that... makes one smile (and makes one want to turn around and re-setup ever so much)!
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Videos”