Kitewing

Links to videos of anything kite related.
Chris

Kitewing

Postby Chris » Fri, Nov 17 2006, 06:21 PM

Cool video, of a bad ass toy!!!!

[youtube]Mp4Zut6HpCA[/youtube]

<sorry to edit your post Chris... but I wanted to be sure that the youtube tagging worked correctly..>
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

denverberry

Re: Kitewing

Postby denverberry » Fri, Nov 17 2006, 09:42 PM

WOW, nice find chris, I use handheld sails when I kayak, a home made rig based on a Quiversail design.
http://www.quiversail.com/quiversail/home.html

I also fly hang sports, recently sold my 120 Falcon hang glider, but i've never seen anything like this before, that's just too cool!
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Fri, Nov 17 2006, 09:45 PM

Here's the Kitewing website, http://www.kitewing.com/ I'm at a loss, do I save it in my favorites under "Kite", or "Flight"???
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 10:17 AM

The sail kayaking thing looks like fun. I used to do some whitewater kayaking as well as quiet river stuff with the kids, but found that I spent more time driving than time on the river.

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sun, Nov 19 2006, 02:42 AM

I'm about 5 minutes drive from a lake, and rivers all around. We've only got 3 kayaks, two of wich are flatwater, one recreation. My boat is a Perception Sundance II tandom, I take my neighbor's boy in that one with me, I fly my Beamer from the bow, with him controling the boat in the stern.

That's not as easy as you might think, once the foil hits the water it's a sea anchor! I really need to get a single surface quad flexi IFE. (inflatable leading edge) But I'm not going to put up the big bucks for something I'm only going to use a couple time a year.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Return to “Videos”