Pfaff

Questions and conversations related to sewing up a magnificent kite creation.
Chris

Pfaff

Postby Chris » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 10:15 AM

Here's a cool artilce I came across in the kitelife archives! (this one's for you Mike :wink: )

http://www.kitelife.com/archives/1198/pfaff,a.htm

-Chris
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Re: Pfaff

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 10:26 AM

Thanks Chris, good article.
Those 10 year old Pfaffs are selling for $600 on ebay and many a kite builder swears by them.
I'd like one someday, but for now, I'm still a proud member of the 100' kite club (kites look great on the end of 100 feet of string).

Invis

Postby Invis » Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:57 PM

A local seamstress came in to my shop today and needed a repair on her logo computer for her computerized sewing machine. I mentioned to her that I wanted to learn to sew but my old Singer was broken and hard to learn. Long story short...I traded her some computer parts and a few hours labor for a slightly used PfaFF 2042 sewing machine. I just got done with my first attempt at sewing on the new machine and I'm happy with the results. The machine looks brand new and was well cared for. Not knowing much about the line I googled the model and read some very favorable reviews. I'm sure not to get much sleep now. Look for some new additions to my kite bag real soon!
Invis

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat, Mar 24 2007, 06:50 AM

Very cool Invis!!! :up: I think you should be happy with your new machine. Probably 70-80% of folks at MAKR had a Pfaff of one kind or another.
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Mar 24 2007, 09:28 AM

That's excellent. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your new kites!
Make sure to ask any questions here. Our club now has a fair amount of experience to help you with any sewing / construction questions.

Return to “Sewing”