Kite Bag

Questions and conversations related to sewing up a magnificent kite creation.
denverberry

Re: Kite Bag

Postby denverberry » Tue, Nov 28 2006, 08:37 PM

Not to worry Mike, I get the same look when I drive by those JB drivers... :blink2:
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Tue, Nov 28 2006, 08:39 PM

I'll make sure to post, or ring someone when I get through there. Thanks guys, looking forward to it.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Wed, Nov 29 2006, 01:33 AM

Ok, I put a couple pics of my kite bag in the album. It is a simple thing, started out with 9'10" of duck canvas about $4.50ish per yard. An old bed sheet, a cargo strap with a 1000lb rating. and a few hours at the antique singer with electric conversion.

Total of 16 kite pockets, and 8 gear pockets. This only started out as an 8 kite bag, but when I saw the potential of this bag I set in a third row of pockets.

It's not the $120 version, but at $20 out of pocket I'm not even interested in upgrading till I own stock in a kite company.

The next thing I think I'm going to do to it is iron it out, (got kinda wrinkly in the laundry, no thanks to my daughter's dog) and hit it with a liberal dose of weather guard of some kind or other, scotchguard or something like.

Yes, this thing even at almost nine feet long goes nicely in the washer. I just hung it up be the fireplace to dry. (that gives me more time to read my book)

Sorry I don't have measurements, but I couldn't find my tape when I made it, I just used my trusty seat-o-pants meter. I wouldn't know how to use a tape anyway, I'm just used to going crow fly all the time, it usually serves me well.

I think it'll hold a kite or three anyway.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Nov 29 2006, 08:10 AM

Nice looking bag!
Glad to see the warning label is still attached: saftey first! :P

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, Nov 29 2006, 09:38 PM

Not too bad a job with a bed sheet and some duck cloth!!! Just one word of caution, watch out for the build up of sand in the bottom of your pockets. If you fly out at the beaches much. :wink: :up: Any time I fly out at the beach, I am always coming home with some beach front property in something. :lol:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Thu, Nov 30 2006, 01:07 AM

I expect to have a fair amount of debris and sand pile (prefer small accumulation though) in it, I'm quite certain that I'll have it in the laundry many times in the future. If it gets too bad I can open the bottom up and install screen easy enough.
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Return to “Sewing”