Page 1 of 6

IKE Fall Winter Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Sun, Oct 06 2013, 10:28 PM
by goestoeleven
So . . . there have been various conversations about building something this fall/winter. Anybody feel like suggesting some dates? Suggestions for what to build? We had a previous thread talking about building roks, canards, and now Say has gone and built a kite bag . . .

If we want to buy materials in advance, we probably should start thinking about dates . . .

I might be around during the week of Thanksgiving (with the kids off school, and contract work relatively unlikely that week), and we probably are not going anywhere for Xmas this year . . . . although we might drive somewhere.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 07 2013, 11:42 AM
by TMadz
I'm still up for this. I would love to do a Rok since it's the easiest to build and good for a novice.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 07 2013, 03:06 PM
by backdraft
We would love to host and help out as we did previously.

Just need to decide on a date.
Big Mike

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 07 2013, 03:24 PM
by Shari
I would love to. Actually I want to convert my standard sale to a mid vent. Would love some practice on something else before that. :)

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 07 2013, 07:00 PM
by Darkspark
I am in also. I think we should pick a weekend in early November. 2nd 3rd or 9th 10th.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 07 2013, 08:37 PM
by goestoeleven
I might be camping again the 9th/10th. Sundays are better for me in general in the fall as the kids have stuff going on most Saturdays. I just asked my wife about T-day weekends, and (I think) she said that I'd be OK to go sewing sometime those weekends (although she wanted to know why we were going to be sewing kites). I think she thinks I have enough kites . . . .

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Tue, Oct 08 2013, 07:31 AM
by TMadz
goestoeleven wrote:I might be camping again the 9th/10th. Sundays are better for me in general in the fall as the kids have stuff going on most Saturdays. I just asked my wife about T-day weekends, and (I think) she said that I'd be OK to go sewing sometime those weekends (although she wanted to know why we were going to be sewing kites). I think she thinks I have enough kites . . . .


What????? Never enough kites. Just remind her that the imagination is limitless and to inhibit your creativity would smother your soul! Or just say please.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 01:25 PM
by zero1199
Okay, time to up this one. If this happen I will not be making rok that day, but I will make one kite bag that day. At the end of the day I will giveaway the bag that I make in a drawing. Whoever get there name draw get the bag.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 05:45 PM
by goestoeleven
zero1199 wrote:Okay, time to up this one. If this happen I will not be making rok that day, but I will make one kite bag that day. At the end of the day I will giveaway the bag that I make in a drawing. Whoever get there name draw get the bag.


Wow! Now we have to make this happen!

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 05:59 PM
by swannie
goestoeleven wrote:
zero1199 wrote:Okay, time to up this one. If this happen I will not be making rok that day, but I will make one kite bag that day. At the end of the day I will giveaway the bag that I make in a drawing. Whoever get there name draw get the bag.


Wow! Now we have to make this happen!


I'd be interested going just to observe. I'll buy the pizza. :)

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 09:12 PM
by TMadz
Swannie, my wife has an extra machine you can use. Give it a try it's not that hard to sew. my concern is the cutting and piecing. There might be a free bag in it for you.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 09:13 PM
by goestoeleven
I hope you are going to observe . . . fabric going through your sewing machine!

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 09:14 PM
by goestoeleven
backdraft wrote:We would love to host and help out as we did previously.

Just need to decide on a date.
Big Mike


Mike - since you are offering to host, do you want to pick a date and see if the rest of us can arrange our schedules to fit yours?

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013, 09:36 PM
by swannie
TMadz wrote:Swannie, my wife has an extra machine you can use. Give it a try it's not that hard to sew. my concern is the cutting and piecing. There might be a free bag in it for you.


Maybe Shari will let me practice on making her full sail a mid-vent before I attempt on mine ... :-D :-D :-D

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Fri, Oct 11 2013, 08:40 AM
by backdraft
I can pick a few dates. What month are you all thinking of wanting to do this? November? January? February?

I left off December, only because it's the holidays, and I know everyone gets very busy with family.

Big Mike

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Fri, Oct 11 2013, 02:14 PM
by Shari
swannie wrote:Maybe Shari will let me practice on making her full sail a mid-vent before I attempt on mine ... :-D :-D :-D


Thanks I appreciate the offer. :rotfl but I think I will pass.


Big Mike: Can you pick a couple of dates that work best for you and then lets narrow it down from there.

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Sat, Oct 12 2013, 10:47 AM
by zero1199
swannie wrote:
goestoeleven wrote:
zero1199 wrote:Okay, time to up this one. If this happen I will not be making rok that day, but I will make one kite bag that day. At the end of the day I will giveaway the bag that I make in a drawing. Whoever get there name draw get the bag.


Wow! Now we have to make this happen!


I'd be interested going just to observe. I'll buy the pizza. :)





we got pizza... all we need now is cookies and beer. :twisted:

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2013, 11:52 AM
by backdraft
For dates for a Sewing Session how does either Saturday, January 11th or Sunday, January 12 work?

Or another option is Saturday, January 25th or Sunday, January 26th?

What does everyone think?

Big Mike

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2013, 02:52 PM
by Shari
I like the idea of Saturday the 25th

Re: IKE Fall Sewing Something Session?

Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2013, 03:13 PM
by Jeepster
Either will work for me.