Page 1 of 1

Thanks Jeepster - 3 New Sets Of Snagless Handles

Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2009, 09:42 PM
by DB Cooper
I would like to extend a big thank you to Jeepster for my new handles. He spent a lot of time ironing out bugs, and I definitely benefited from his efforts. i will tryt to get better pictures in daylight, the artificial light in my basement and the camera flash do not do the anodizing justice ......

Image

Image

Image

Re: Thanks Jeepster - 3 New Sets Of Snagless Handles

Posted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 12:25 AM
by Jynx
DB Cooper wrote:I would like to extend a big thank you to Jeepster for my new handles. He spent a lot of time ironing out bugs, and I definitely benefited from his efforts.

If you were my kid all you'd get is leftovers!
You're one LUCKY kid!

Tom ~ Dems some hot tamales! Great job! Actually... WINDerful job!

Re: Thanks Jeepster - 3 New Sets Of Snagless Handles

Posted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 02:31 AM
by Sailor99
WOW!!!!

Mega cool handles

:captain: :sailor:

Re: Thanks Jeepster - 3 New Sets Of Snagless Handles

Posted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 08:50 AM
by Mike
Really nice.
Tom, should I ask to see the blue ones? :evil:

Re: Thanks Jeepster - 3 New Sets Of Snagless Handles

Posted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 10:37 AM
by Jeepster
Mike wrote:Really nice.
Tom, should I ask to see the blue ones? :evil:


Nope!!!

The blue dye was a liquid. That seems to be one of the variables that contribute to less than spectacular results. In fact, I gave up completely on producing a colored set of handles after the blue fiasco. After thinking the process through, I thought of some variables that might be affecting the results. Yesterday was a do-or-die marathon session. Jamie has two dark green (15" and 13") and one purple 13" set of handles that look pretty good for a home anodized set ... those colors were purchased as a powder. I've got one 15" set and two 13" sets anodized without color, one 13" set in a very dark purple (almost black), one 11" in a mottled red color (hoping the grips will cover the bad spots), and one 9" set in a copper color (red gone bad). Yep, the red dye was a liquid and it caused all sorts of problems!!! Unfortunately, I didn’t discover the “liquid equals bad resultsâ€