Skyburner NikNak

All about dual and quad line power kiting.
basicbill

Skyburner NikNak

Postby basicbill » Wed, Jul 30 2014, 09:29 PM

I was a bit frustrated not having anything to fly in light winds besides a few single-line kites. I didn't want the purchase to break the bank (I'll save that for the next Rev.) so after a lot of reading I decided on a NikNak from the folks at Kites & Fun Things in Michigan. It arrived today after placing the order yesterday. I had only a limited choice in colors but what was available I really like. So I got lucky there. I assembled it today and went out to try it in the very light winds this afternoon. Flew great when the leaves at the tops of the trees were barely fluttering. Although I did have to use some fancy footwork to keep it airborne occasionally. 50# line at 75 feet.

nnsmall.jpg
nnsmall.jpg (126.89 KiB) Viewed 1118 times

Unboxing video: http://youtu.be/D9jE5eUi--0

Bill

makatakam

Re: Skyburner NikNak

Postby makatakam » Wed, Jul 30 2014, 09:59 PM

Nice choice, looks great. It's not a super trick kite, but it should track as if it were on rails. Some of the basic tricks should be possible, and if you can do them with this kite, they should be super easy with anything that has a higher aspect ratio. Have fun and don't forget to breathe.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Fri, Aug 01 2014, 09:56 AM

Can't go wrong with Skyburner and especially dealing directly with Jon and Marieanne. Great people, great service. I have a Skyburner Ocius UL that I bought used. It's a trickier kite and I would probably have been better off with the Nik Nak, because I'm more interested in "precision" flying than tricks. If you're at the IKE retreat and winds permit, I'd appreciate a chance to try your Nik Nak, while you try the Ocius UL.
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Fri, Aug 01 2014, 06:37 PM

KiteVoice wrote:Can't go wrong with Skyburner and especially dealing directly with Jon and Marieanne. Great people, great service. I have a Skyburner Ocius UL that I bought used. It's a trickier kite and I would probably have been better off with the Nik Nak, because I'm more interested in "precision" flying than tricks. If you're at the IKE retreat and winds permit, I'd appreciate a chance to try your Nik Nak, while you try the Ocius UL.

I too am more interested in precision flying than tricks. So I believe this will do well for me. And assuming I make it to the IKE retreat, I'd be more than happy to share it.

Bill

Return to “Power Kites”